Chapter 16

Alex P.O.V.

When ringing Nessa’s doorbell I was so nervous. I just wanted to run away. I haven’t figured out exactly how I will propose to her, what I was going to say. I will do it spontaneous. Nessa opened the door. She had that amazing blue, figure-hugging dress on what I loved so much on her. She was so beautiful. She straitened her hairs and wore those black high heels. I couldn’t imagine that she could go with them, but she looked so sexy when walking with them. I smiled and kissed her. Then she let me in. We went into the living room. She hasn’t been ready to go. She had to get the gifts for everyone. I was curious what she will give me. But thinking about that the best gift she could give to me this year was saying “Yes” to my proposal!

When she finally was ready to go my nervousness had grown so much. I could feel my heart being in my mouth. 

“Nessa, can I talk to you a second before we go?” I could hardly speak now. My heart was beaten so much. I had to calm down so Nessa won’t recognize anything yet.

Vanessa P.O.V.

 “Sure, but hurry, we have to go.” Did he found out? Why was he so nervous? I could see that in his eyes and his heart had beaten so fast. What was going on here?

“You know I love you sooo much ... Since you crashed into me 3 years ago in the book store and I looked into your beautiful blue eyes the first time I fell for you. I enjoy being with you every second.” He made me a little nervous. What was he doing?

“I thought a lot about our relationship and I figured that I want to spend every single minute of my life with you together. That’s why I want to give you your gift now, before we leave.” 

We were standing in the corridor and he got something out of his pocket. Then I saw that it was a tiny jewellery box. But why was he so nervous? Just because of jewellery?

Then I finally put one and one together. He was kneeing with his left foot in front of me. I smiled and my eyes filled with tears. Lucky tears, of course. Because he was proposing to me!

“Vanessa. I love you so much. Would you do me the honour and be me wife?” OH MY GOODNESS! I couldn’t believe that! I had never thought of something like that! I could feel a lot of tears coming out of my eyes now. Great! Now I have to re-do my make-up!

“Yes! ... Of course I want to be your wife.” There was nothing else I would have said more likely then ‘Yes’ now. I hugged him and we kissed and he picked me up and turned around. We were so happy and I knew that this was the place I was meant to be. Alex put on the ring onto my ring finger and it was just beautiful. It had a light violet stone in the middle. So untraditional, but so traditional on the other hand as well. I really loved it! And I couldn’t believe it – I will be a bride soon! I was engaged! Aahhhhhh!

An hour later we were in the living room of my parents. My mom was still in the bathroom and my dad opened the door. My brother was watching TV. I could smell the turkey from the kitchen. Everything was decorated so beautiful. The Christmas tree was so beautiful as well. I loved spending Christmas Eve here. 

When my mom finally came and saw that Alex and I had arrived she came over and hugged me, then she hugged Alex and whispered something into his ear, what I couldn’t really catch. Then he moved to me, took me on my waist and answered,

“She said ‘Yes’” His face was wreathed in smiles. Then everyone jumped up, my dad and my mom and hugged us both. My brother just asked,

“What’s going on here, guys?” I smiled over to him and showed him the ring.

“You will get a brother-in-law soon. I am engaged.” He hugged me as well and congratulated us. That was definitely the best Christmas Eve EVER!

Alex P.O.V.

We were eating dinner at Nessa’s parents’ house. She said ‘Yes’! I still couldn’t believe it! I was the luckiest man alive! I loved her even more now we were engaged. And I loved being here with her family. But I still had a little surprise for Nessa. I wanted to spend the night with her in my flat. I prepared everything. I stood up lots of candles, I got that cosy bed linen she liked so much and I got that DVD ‘Miracle on 34th Street”. Nessa loved it so much and I loved spending time with her. So I thought that would be the perfect first night for my fiancée and me. 

I glanced over to Nessa. She was so beautiful. She had that most beautiful smile ever on her lips. I loved making her smile. 

Vanessa P.O.V.

Dinner was so good. I had to smile the whole day! I was so lucky to be engaged with Alex. 

After dinner we went into the living room, dimmed the light and sat around the Christmas tree. Alex was sitting next to me and held my waist the whole time. I hoped so much that he would love the watch I bought for him. I couldn’t top his gift but I think I could have bought him anything it still wouldn’t have. 

My mom and my dad got me that DVD I wrote onto my list plus some gift cards for clothing shops. I loved it though. Also they bought me a new designer lamp for my flat. It looked just amazing.

My brother bought me a new charme for my bracelet. It was shaped like a little polar bear. I loved it as well!

Everyone else liked their presents I bought for them as well. Finally Alex opened his gift. He looked at it and was speechless. 

“Look at the reverse.” He did what I said and he just smiled so much.

“I love it. But not as much as I do love you” He kissed me and my mom had to cry. It was such a great day.

Alex and I drove to his flat after saying “Goodbye” to my family. When we went in it I couldn’t believe what I saw. He prepared the whole night for us. Everything looked so beautiful. 

We watched ‘Miracle on 34th Street’ and the first time since a long time I didn’t fall asleep at the half. Then we went into his bed room. We loved each other like we never did before. Now the moment came when I finally had to say: I was so glad about choosing Alex. I did the right thing! He was my man! And when he called me his fiancée it felt just amazing. 

I haven’t gotten everything I wanted this Christmas. But I got so much more this year! This was the most wonderful Christmas ever. And I won’t forget it ever in my entire life!