champions league

the european champions league final, the most nerve wracking game of the season

the european champions league final, the most nerve wracking game of the season. it was a game that neither teams wanted to lose and both desperately wanted to win the trophy.

i could tell mason was nervous to play, who wouldn't? i was nervous for him and the team and i don't even play for them but i didn't let my emotions show as i wanted to provide that continuous support.

"how you feeling, honey?" i asked him softly as we stood in the slightly empty dressing room, him holding our year old daughter, thea.

mason and i had been together for a few years now, getting together when we were only fifteen so some would say that we were high school sweethearts. even though our relationship started when we were teenagers, we had never had any serious arguments that would jeopardise our relationship, only a few small disagreements. my parents were in love with mason, they had said that since the day they met him; and his parents loved me.

debbie and tony treated me like their own daughter, especially when they found out i was pregnant. debbie had been with me all day asking me questions once she found out i had been sick for a couple of days, i could tell her excitement was increasing as it started to sound like i was pregnant.

after making me take the test and seeing that it was positive, debbie and i immediately broke into tears; hers of happiness and mine of worry. my mind automatically thinking that mason would break up with me once he found out the news, but no, he was so happy to find out that he was going to be a dad and what an amazing one he was.

"feeling alright, bit nervous but it's expected." he looked up at me with a small smile on his face, me returning one back to him. deciding to sit next to him instead of standing in front of him, i placed my hand on his thigh and watched as he stood our daughter up on his thighs, her giggling when she bounced herself up and down.

"and that's completely understandable, babe, but i have a gut feeling that everything will go smoothly." i gently nudged his shoulder, holding my hand out to thea so she could hold onto one of my fingers.

"do you think so?" he asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me closer to him once he was sure that thea wasn't going to fall off his knee.

"when has my gut ever been wrong, mase?" i sarcastically asked, making us both chuckle and thea joining in us with as she giggled even more. "you've got this okay? we have so much faith in you."

"i love you so much, it's unreal." mason spoke, kissing them crown of my head making me lift my head so i could face him and kiss him properly.

"i love you too, now go and do us proud." i pecked his lips one more time, his chelsea teammates now coming into the dressing room, majority of them waving or saying hi. picking up thea after mason had given her a kiss, she was too busy waving at her daddy to notice that her godfather had come over.