III

Chapter 3

"The sea holds the deepest secrets of all.."

--

"D-Dad.." I muttered.

"I repeat again. Am i not allowed to visit my own mother in law, Nahara?" Frozen, i stoop there and couldnt say anything at all. Shit! 

"N-No, of course not..." I nervously answered. Tear were ready to drop off but i took a deep breath and calmed myself down.

Calm down, Nahara. It's just your father.

"How are you, hija?" The tone in his voice suddenly changed with pure softness in it.

"I-Im fine, what about you, Dad?" I asked back, but still facing the floor. i can never keep my mind straight if i ever look him directly in the eyes.

His hand went on my chin and lifted it, but i looked away to avoid eye contact. "Im fine too, how is your mother?"

I want to be rude. I want to answer him rudely. But ill be expecting a slap when i do that, not even grandma can disrespect dad. Not even me or Sival. Mom is the only one who can counter Dad's strictness.

"How dare you lay your dirty hands on my daughter!" Mom!

Mom immediately pushed Dad's away and hugged me, though she let go for a sec and my hand immediately covered my mouth and Mom slapped dad. "Come on, Niana.. I was just talking to my daughter."

Mom took  a hold both of my cheeks and checked if im fine, "Are you all right, darling? What did your father do to you? Did he hurt you? Did he slap you again?" Mom sounds so worried.

"I didnt even had 30 minutes to talk to my daughter and youre acting like this?!" Dad asked.

"Didnt i tell you not to lay finger on my daughter?! Huh, Rael?! Didn't i already told you that?! Dont you ever lay your filthy, greedy hands on my daughter!" Mom shouted.

"Mama, its okay.. i-i wasnt hurt. Dad just asked how am i and you." I explained.

"No! He has no rights to ask you how you are doing, Nahara. Ever since he has left us, he never has the rights to speak with you again!" I get it, Mom. You guys are divorced. But he's still my dad, no one can even change that, not even if you remarry. He's still the real Dad.

"Really, Niana? Overreacting is your thing now? I just took a look of my daughter but yet you're acting like this?! Is she dead? Did i kill her?! Did you catch her dead?! You did not! So stop acting like a crazy woman and open your damn eye-" Before Dad could finish what he was saying Mom's palm came flying across his face.

"Dont you dare talk to me like that! I am not your wife nor maiden to be kept with, so shut the fuck up." Mom coldly said before pulling me out of there.

We went inside the elevator and by the moment it closed mom immediately broke down. She started to cry and i was just there not knowing what to do. "M-Mom.." I called.

She just stopped, wiped of her tears, stood up and just smiled at me. "It's okay, sweetheart. I'm fine. What about you? Did your father do anything to you? Did his men do anything to you? Did they hurt you?" She asked.

I shook my head and held her hand, "I'm fine, Mama. Dad didnt do anything to me, he just asked some few questions." I smiled back..