Chapter 21: Amnesia

5 Moths after Links and Zeldas reunion after Zelda was shot

Hyrule City

Link and Zelda were getting closer again and things seemed to get better and better with each step. They were getting along quite well again now.

There was a big Protest in Hyrule City it was there for the first time, it was against a new law that was supposed to be made to prevent racism of police officers. That itself isn't a bad thing, but the law was horribly made and itself racist again, she naturally people demonstrated.

A camera team was there and filmed the situation, it was a peaceful demonstration until a bomb exploded right behind the reporters. It exploded in the middle of all people.

The people started running and screaming away, at least the ones that were still able to. Somewhere still laying on the ground, not moving.

Zelda and Link arrive at the place where the bomb exploded. There were injured and dead people everywhere.

Obviously, a lot of reporters tried to talk to Zelda and ask her questions hut she ignored them, this scene was too horrible to tell some reporters and waste time with it.

Link couldn't help but look at this horrible picture, he saw dead people before, but never like this, not this many.

The rest of the team was already there and they walked up to the two.

Zelda looked at the 3 and asked them

"Do you have any idea why this happened?"

Sheik was the first to reply.

"No we don't. We think it wasn't a suicide bomb, there was no vest or anything like this on the victim."

Urbosa spoke next.

"Everything else is just a rumor at this point."

Last Mipha spoke.

"Okay, so we still have to figure out what happened here. But the FBI will take over this case and we are in a supportive role."

The team looked annoyed, the FBI takes all the major cases, all the time.

"I know it's annoying but we are supposed to figure out if there was any person specifically targeted or if it was an act of terrorism."

Urbosa spoke again.

"We will take some of the family's to the headquarters and ask them there, let's get going, I can't stand to be here."

The team headed back and asked the victim's families a lot of questions. Nothing was working, nothing other than one person that saw a guy with a backpack running around, seemingly very nervous, until he put the backpack down and then ran away.

The team of course instantly checked the camera footage that was available and saw a young guy running with a backpack and placing it until it exploded.

Before Zelda and Urbosa left to find the boy Link went to talk to her.

"You got a minute Zelda?"

"Yeah sure."

"I can't help but think about the victims and all the things that they maybe wanted to do or accomplish and, boom just like this all gone. I... I don't want this to happen to me."

He tried to tell her that he still loves her and that he doesn't want to miss the chance, Zelda knew it and was sure this is what he thought but before he could continue Urbosa came and told Zelda that they have to go now.

"Continue Link."

"Oh, no. It can't wait until after the case, go get him."

Zelda left, hoping he meant what she thought.

Finding a subject was seemingly easy. The person who they arrested was the one to have put the bag somewhere where it last exploded but when he arrived at the precinct something was weird. Zelda went in to ask him questions but Link waited outside, just listening and watching how Zelda would do.

The boy instantly told Zelda that he forgot everything about that time because of Amnesia. Due to his weird behavior and just Zelda's skill, it was obvious that he was hiding something. So she went to tell him, without thinking of who was listening.

"Amnesia? You want to know about Amnesia? I was shot in the chest with a rifle and I remember every second of it."

Link turned towards the window. She remembers? He told her that he loved her and she pretended not to know anything anymore. Was this all a joke to her? A game? Playing with his emotions and his feeling. He was waiting, giving her time, forgiving her for not calling him just for her to lie straight into his face.

Link was mad and he just left. He didn't return the whole day he was shooked, angry, frustrated.

The next day he returned and couldn't stand to look at Zelda, she realized something was off but couldn't tell what.

They worked the case and found out that a couple of reporters set up the bomb trying to get attention, they never wanted anybody to die. Link acted as nothing happened but was still more than mad. The case was done so they thought about going out to drink but everyone declined until it was only Zelda and Link.

"So, Link what did you want to talk about a couple of days ago?"

Link looked for a moment wondering if he should actually say it. Zelda was waiting hoping Link was going to tell her what she wanted to hear. But it never came.

"Nothing. Nothing important anyway."

Link put on a fake smile and left.

"Bye."

That was all he said leaving Zelda confused.

What has happened? Why was he so upset and why did he act this way, he never declined going out to drink after work.

Zelda's mind was racing.

So was Links.

He planned on never returning to the police. Not as long as she was still there. She betrayed him, played with him after all they have gone through.

He can't do this anymore. No way he will come back again.

Maybe one more "goodbye" case.

His heart was torn into pieces.