Chapter Nine

ALYSSA's P.O.V

When we arrived at the boutique where we found the bridesmaid dresses, there was only about two families there. I walked in and asked for Katie, the lady who helped me and the girls earlier.
"She'll be out in just a second" the lady at the front desk said, I smiled at her and made my way to the back, Zayn following behind. I looked around at the dresses and decided that we made a good choice for the dresses.
"Alyssa!" I hear someone say, I turn to my right and see Katie walking towards me, I smile at her.
"Hey, I was coming to pick up the bridesmaid dresses," and instantly her smile faded. "What ?" I asked getting worried.
"There seems to be a problem." She says with caution. What kind of problem could there possibly be?
"Like what?" Zayn says.
"Well the day after you came to order the dress that family over there had ordered the same thing, and so we ordered them. And somehow your order didn't get in and theirs did, so your dresses aren't here, but we are trying our best to get them." she says. Are you serious?! We had to order them when we did because they said it would take time to get here. We have 3 months and if the dresses don't get here, we are in deep trouble.
"Do you think they can get here on time?" I ask with hope.
"I believe the earliest they'll get here is a week before your wedding." She answers. Great. I sign and nod.
"Okay, but please try your hardest to get them in." I say.
"Of course!" She says. I smile, and make my way out of the boutique. It's bad enough being forced into marriage, but not having the bridesmaid dresses on time is pretty bad too. I mean, it's my marriage I at least want it to be perfect. I make it to the car and get in.
"Where to now? Do you want to go out to eat right now?" Zayn asks. I look at the time and see its 5:30.
"Can we go around 6, I should go get ready" I say.
"Okay." He says and drives off. I sigh and look out the window. In all honesty, I wish I knew Zayn a little more. I know he's not the way he acts around me. He can't be rude, and only hang out with me cause the media hasn't had pictures recently. If Perrie and him made it for more than a year, then he had to be at least a good guy,
"Tell me about Perrie." I say before I even realize what I'm saying.
"What?" He looks over at me. Shit.
"Tell me about her." I say again.
"Uh okay. She's from South Shields, England. She has one older brother, and of course you know she's in Little Mix. She's obsessed with dogs, and is an outdoorsy type of person. Oh she likes the color purple, and likes all that girly stuff. But she can also be tomboyish, she knows how to skateboard. Uh she's really good with people, she'll like you even before she met you, unless you've done something she doesn't like. Oh and she speaks her mind in any type of situation. She's the life of the party like you would say, she can make anyone laugh." He says, and while he talks I notice that he talks with an admiration in his eyes. Like he's really in love with her.

And I notice he will never talk about me like that.

Zayn and I came to eat at this really fancy restaurant called Daniels. It's not that crowded, but there's still people here.
"Hi welcome to Daniels, table for 2?" An older guy at the podium says.
"Yes sir." Zayn answers. We follow him and he leads us to a table in the back where's there's only about 3 tables that are being used.
"Here you go. Enjoy your night" He says.
"Thank you." Zayn and I both say. I take a seat and look over at the menu. Deciding on going for the the salmon, I put down the menu.
"Good evening, my name is Jacob, and I'll be your server tonight, could I get you something to drink?" I look up and see a guy around our age, maybe slightly older, he's handsome if I do say so myself.
"I'll have a water." I say.
"'Course and for you sir?" He looks over at Zayn.
"A water will be fine, thank you." He orders. Jacob nods and leaves the table.
"Do you know what you're getting?" I ask Zayn.
"I think I'm just going to get the steak, and you?"
"I'm going for the salmon." I reply. Just then Jacob comes by and we order our food. Once he leaves everything is awkward between us.
"Soo," I say causing Zayn's attention turn to me.
"What?" He says.
"Just trying to start a conversation."
"Why?"
"Because we are out to dinner."
"So?"
"So we should at least talk. What's wrong with you?"
"Nothing, I just don't feel like being here with you." Ouch.
"Okay. I'm sorry, but you know I can't do anything about it."
"Yeah, well."
"You know, if we are going to be married in 3 months, we need to learn how to communicate."
"No we don't, because we don't want to get married to each other, so what's the point?"
"The point is, everyone in the world knows we are getting married, and they don't know we are being dragged into this." I whisper the last part.
"Okay, well the only times we have to talk is when we are out in public, because you know what Alyssa?"
"What?"
"I'm still with Perrie, and I'm not going to let you ruin this for me." He says, and I have no idea how to respond to this. And I'm just so thankful Jacob comes by with our food, but by then I lost all appetite.
"How does everything look?" He asks.
"Good thank you." Zayn answers. Jacob nods and walks off. About a minute later, I get up and head for the bathrooms, without telling Zayn.
I know Zayn is upset over the whole marriage, but does he really have to be so rude? It's not like I want to get married with him, but I at least am trying not to make this awkward for the both of us. I know neither of us will ever gain feelings for each other, but can't we make this work? The answer is no. We can't. We know nothing about each other, we are two completely different people. Besides like he says, he's still with Perrie, and I won't ruin that for him.

If Zayn doesn't want to make it less awkward, then that's what he will get. I won't try with him. I won't force him into anything else.

A/N 😪 things are getting tough for Zayn and Alyssa. Makes me sad really. Well hi everyone ! I'm so sorry I haven't updated, I feel awful, like you have no idea. But don't worry! I will when ever I can. Well things are really getting heated with these two. And not to mention the wedding is only about 2 chapters away :o how will it turn out ? Stay tuned my lovelies.
I'll try my best to update, but like I'm always saying I don't know when the next update will be.
I don't know what to say :/ im not good with author notes.
Okay well Vote&comment, you guys commenting really give me motivation to write so keep doing that ;)
Have a good day beautiful !
Lots of love
-gabby <3