Drunken talks.

I collapse on the couch , resting my head on Aaron's chest.
"Easy Sam." He says taking a sip from his glass.
"I'm totally fineee Aary." I say looking at him.
He smirks. "Aary ? Seriously Sam ?"
I nod my head and take the bottle from Chris. I take a big gulp this time. And I take another one.
"Hold your horses there." Chris says to me.
I stick my tongue out at him. Suddenly there's two of everything. I turn to face Aaron and believe it or not there's two of him.
He looks at me and that's when I try to reach out for his face. Which one should I touch ? I laugh to myself. I try to stand on the couch but am unable to and I end up falling on Aaron.
"You're drunk , Sam." He says tucking my hair behind my ear.
I shake my head." Aary , I'm not. I'm just happyyyy. Now , would you please help to stand on the couch." I ask him.
"I don't think you'd be able to do that." He says making me sit up.
"Aary please. I beg of you." I pout and make the best puppy dog face I could ever pull off.
"Alright. I'll help you. Give me your hands." He says getting up from the couch and holding out his upturned palms.
I smile like a fool and hold his hands. I try to get up but it seems impossible. Aaron wraps his arms around my waist and places my hands around his neck. The next thing I know is I'm up on the couch.
"Thanks Aary." I smile at him and look at Chris and Jenn.
"May I have your attention everyone , including the two of you who're busy sucking each other's faces. I just wanted to let all of you know that if anything ever happens to me , and I don't say this a lot , but I want you guys to know that you mean the world to me and I love each and everyone of you lots. Except Chris when he's roaming around naked." I scrunch up my nose and fall into Aaron's arms.
"Night Sam. Do you mind if Chris stays here at night?" Jenn asks. Even though my eyes are closed I know she's making that hopeful face of hers.
Night Jenny. And Chrissy can stay as long as he doesn't dirty the bed." I smile.
Then I'm moving. I try to open my eyes but they're too heavy.
I try to move my hands and feel around to know where I am.
"Where am I ?" I almost whisper.
"Sam , I'm taking you to your room." Even in this state I know it's him.
"Alright Aary." I smile.
We reach my room and he tucks me in.
"Night Sam." He says.
I grab his hand , " Aary , thanks a lot. And let me just make myself clear , you're not driving tonight. Stay here. There's enough place."
"Sam I'm not that drunk , I'll manage." He argues.
"Samuels. Shut the fuck up and stay." I say with as much energy as I can.
"Yes ma'am. As you say." He says.
"Thanks and take a room on this floor. The third floor is creepy and the first floor , you'll be disturbed by Chris and Jenn." I say leaving his hand and turning on my side.
He chuckles and turns to go.
"You know I care about you Samuels. A lot." I say stifling a yawn.
"I do too , Sam. I care about you a lot too." He says and turns of the light.
I smile to myself and in seconds I find myself asleep.

The next day I wake up to 'All about that bass' playing right next to my year.
What the fuck ? Can I not sleep in peace. I move my hands trying to find the source of the loud music blasting through my ear drums.

After banging my hand at the side table and every where possible , I found my phone under my pillow. Shutting the stupid song which had been set as my alarm , I looked at the time and it was 10.30. Lucky for me I didn't have classes until twelve. Which also meant , Aaron didn't leave for school yet. my head feels like it's going to explode. I don't remember what happened last night. All I know right now is that I need my Advil.
Holding my head with my hands , in a vain attempt to cease the pain , I fumble out of my bed and make my way downstairs.
"Morning sleepy head." Aaron says handing me a glass of water and two pills of Advil.
"What the heck happened last night." I ask taking the pills.
"Well , let's just say you got drunk like a skunk." He smirks.
"Shut up Samuels. Did I say anything stupid.
"You just gave the three of us a very touching speech." He says holding his heart.
"Speech ? What speech ?" I ask him.
"Well. It wasn't that important." He says sitting on the barstool next to mine.
"Just tell me Aaron." I say as I put my head on my hands.
"Well , I see you've clearly gotten over the 'Aary' phase from last night." He smirks.
"What ?" I groan not lifting my head.
"Your nickname for me. You called me Aary through out the night. And in the end you called Jenn 'Jenny' and Chris
'Chrissy'. " he informs me.
I lift my head , my eyes wide with shock.
"Fuck. I was drunk like a skunk. What else did I do." I ask him.
"Nothing else." He shakes his head. I grab his forearm. "Please tell me 'Aary'."I smile my best at him.
"Well you told me to stay here because you didn't want me to drive and then you said that you care for me a lot." He looks at me. I remember this from last night. I did tell him that. And why not ? It's the truth.
"Yeah Aary that's the truth. I do care for you. A lot." I hug him.
"And you did put up a show for us. You and Jenn could just become professional dancers. My hands fall from around his neck and I stare at him. " I must admit it was hot."
I look at him to make sure that he's actually speaking.
"What dance ?" I barely manage to whisper.
"Sam. It's ten forty five. Go get in the shower. I'm gonna go home and get changed. I'll be back in an hour to pick you up." He bolts out of the door of my house leaving me standing agape.
What the fuck did I do last night ? The more I try to remember the more my head hurts.
I go in the shower and let the water wash away all my worries. I take my time and decide to wear what I had thought of yesterday. I wanted to piss Aaron off but now I didn't have the strength to. Why the fuck did I drink so much ?
I put on my white shirt with my purple pants and my silver-grey strappy sandals. Just as I'm done brushing my hair , I hear the horn of the car. He's here. I shoulder my purse and get going.
The car ride couldn't have been more awkward. The silence was killing me.
"Drunk me is not 'me'." I say to Aaron.
He turns to look at me and quirks up an eyebrow. "So that means you didn't actually mean that you care about me." He says hurt flashing in his tone.
"Are you crazy Aaron ? I do care about you. And I'll say this till the time you believe me. I care about you and I care a lot. I was just talking about the dance." I say the word dance so soft that I doubt he heard it. He bursts out laughing. He laughs all the way till we reach college and I look at him puzzled.
We pull into the parking lot of college.
Aaron turns to me. "Sam , please calm down. I can't see you so vulnerable. Believe me when I say it , you didn't do any dance or anything. You just gave that speech and then I carried you up to your room." He said.
"Fuck you , Samuels. You nearly gave me a heart attack." I said slapping his chest.
I got out of the car and before I could move forward , he stood in front of me blocking my way.
"I'm sorry Sam. Don't be mad at me , please."
Something else did happen last night. Though I know it want the dance. It was something between Aaron and me. We didn't have sex , we didn't make out. It was something either one said.
But I don't remember. Letting go , I smile at Aaron.
"You know I can never be mad at you." I say as we walk side by side.
One question keeps crossing my mind. What had happened last night ?