Drunken confessions

Aaron's POV:
Tucking Sam in bed , I say , " Night Sam."
She smiles , "Night Aary."
As I turn around to go she grabs my hand. I'm m surprised but I turn back , our faces mere inches apart.
"Thanks a lot Aary. And let me make myself clear, you're not driving tonight. Stay here. There's enough place." She says , her breath fanning over my face.
"Sam. I'm not that drunk. I'll manage." I argue.
"Samuels just shut the fuck up and stay." She says so softly that had I been far I wouldn't have heard it. Her delicate voice coated with her 'I-mean-what-I'm-saying-just-listen-up-else-you'll-pay-severe-consequences.'
She looked so pretty even when she was mad or asleep.
"Yes ma'am. As you wish."I say.
"Take a room in this floor. The third floor is creepy and the first floor , you'll get disturbed my Chris and Jenn." She says letting go of my hand and turning to the side.
I know it's girly but there were sparks on my skin where she touched me.
I chuckle and just as I turn to go , her words take me by surprise.
"You know I care about you Samuels. A lot." She says and then yawns.
"I do too Sam , I care about you a lot too." I say.
I'm about to turn off the lights and make my way to the guest room , when my inner self tells me that I should tell her now.
I walk over to her bead and cup her cheek in my hand. She smiles.
"Sam , I doubt you'll remember this but I really hope you do. I know you won't remember it yet I have no idea why I'm telling you , but I like you Sam. I really like you." I say to her.
Her eyes open and her smile widens.
"I like you too Aaron. I like you a lot." She says to me. She leans in to kiss me but I know that's not the right thing to do so instead I give her a small peck on the cheeks. She smiles and turns. Within a matter of seconds she's asleep , I turn the light off and head to the room.
As I lay on the bed , I think to myself.
Although I know she won't remember it , but there's a part of me wants her to remember it.
But did she really mean it or was it the alcohol talking.
' A drunk mind speaks a sober heart' or
'Drunk words are sober thoughts.'
My inner self tells me. But it could be the alcohol talking. Or does Sam really like me the way I like her ? If she does why hasn't she said anything.
'The same reason you haven't.'
Point. I hope she tells me herself. I don't mind telling her but the fear of ruining the beautiful friendship we've built over the past four years , prevents me from doing so.
In the morning when Sam came down , I handed her a glass of water and two Advils.
"Morning sleepy head." I smile at her.
"What the heck happened last night." She asks.
"Well , let's just say you got drunk like a skunk." I smirk.
"Shut up Samuels. Did I say anything stupid."
"You just gave the three of us a very touching speech." I tell her holding my heart.
"Speech ? What speech ?" She asks baffled.
"Well. It wasn't that important." I say sitting on the barstool next to hers.
"Just tell me Aaron." She says burrying her head in her hands.
"Well , I see you've clearly gotten over the 'Aary' phase from last night." I tease.
"What ?" She groans.
"Your nickname for me. You called me Aary through out the night. And in the end you called Jenn 'Jenny' and Chris
'Chrissy'. " I tell her my eyes filled with amusement.
"Fuck. I was drunk like a skunk. What else did I do." She says bringing her palm upto herself with great force and then sitting there rubbing it.
"Nothing else." I sigh and shake my head. She grabs my. forearm. "Please tell me 'Aary'." She smiles her best at me.
"Well you told me to stay here because you didn't want me to drive and then you said that you care for me a lot." I tell her and she looks at me. It seems as if she's remembering it all. I'm scared to hear her saying that it was just her drunken self talking.
"Yeah Aary that's the truth. I do care for you. A lot." She hugs me. She remembered. Did she remember when we both confessed that we like each other ? Even if she did , she didn't mention it and I though it. Eat for that subject to be left alone for now.
"And you did put up a show for us. You and Jenn could just become professional dancers." I tease her. Her hands fall from around my neck and she stares at me. " I must admit it was hot." He smirks.

"What dance ?" She barely manages to whisper.
"Sam. It's ten forty five. Go get in the shower. I'm gonna go home and get changed. I'll be back in an hour to pick you up." I say as I bolt out of the door. I couldn't contain my laughter at her reaction. Call me mean but that's what bestfriends do.
'And do bestfriends who like the other one , sleep around with every girl possible ?'
No. I didn't sleep with any of them because I liked them but only to make Sam feel jealous. And it was like my escape.
'You better not do it from now on , if you want Sam.'
Anything for Sam. I smile to myself as I pull out of her driveway.
I like that girl. I like her a lot. But why wouldn't she show her feelings. It's the wall she's built. But for what ? I have to find out to get to Sam's heart.
I come back to her house to pick her up. The car ride is eerily silent.
She's deep in thought. As we were about to recap school , I burst out laughing.
Sam turned to look at me and I just laughed till we reached school.
As I pulled in to the parking lot , I stopped and turned to her.
Her eyes demanding an explanation.
"Sam. Please calm down. Believe me when I say it , you didn't dance or anything. You just gave us your speech and then I carried you upto your room."
Her ears turned pink. Uh-oh. Angry Sam.
"Fuck you Samuels. You nearly gave me a heart attack." She said slapping my chest. Her touch sent sparks throughout my body.
She got off and slammed the door shut. I made her mad , didn't I ? I turn and run to stand in front of her.
"I'm sorry Sam. Please don't be mad at me." I say.
She smiles ," you know I can never be mad at you." We walk to the school side by side.