💻Chapter Nine💻

Word Count: 842

You whispered to Dream: Can we talk... again?

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"You've made up your mind?" Dream smirked under his mask, sure of his victory.

"Yes." I answered simply, opening a book, the one Enchan gave to me all the way back in Pogtopia. "What do you want, truly? You never explained what you're going to do, or... well, what your plan is with me."

"I'll explain everything after you give a final answer."

I smiled.

Ranboo's P.O.V.

Content Warning: derealization

I stood in front of the community house, when a sudden voice came to my head, a voice that sounded like Dream's.

The one I heard in the panic room when (Y/N) found me.

"Hello."

"You're back?" I turned to see no one.

"Well, I mean I've never left..."

"What- what do you mean, you've never left?"

"Well, I mean I'm in your head. I'm here all the time."

"How long have you been in my head?" I turned again back to face the community house.

"I mean, forever. I'm just you."

"But- That- That doesn't make any sense though, because why now all of a sudden? Did you just randomly appear?"

"Well, I mean, you're looking at your look," Ranboo realized that he was clutching his book tightly. "You are looking at the smile, you're thinking of Dream."

"... yeah?"

"You think about Dream... a lot."

"Yeah, I do, because- he's the reason why everything is going wrong. He's the reason why there's conflict on this server."

"Do you really believe that?"

"I mean, yeah! He- If- If it wasn't for Dream, everyone- there really wouldn't be that much- like there really wouldn't be one power, that everyone would go against."

"Well, what are some of the bad things that Dream has done?"

"I mean, well, you- you- or Dream fights against Tommy and Tubbo all the time? Starts wars, blew up L'Manburg. The Community house...?"

"Well, you blew up the Community house, but Dream- Dream blew up L'Manburg, but Techno did too and so did Philza, I don't- You're not complaining about them...?"

"Well- the thing is, they wouldn't have needed- L'Manburg wouldn't need to exist if you didn't- if you didn't do that and I- didn't blow up the Community house!" I took a few defensive steps back, "I know that I didn't do that. There is- There is no way! There is NO WAY I could've- done that! 'Cause you know! You know I'm not that type of person!"

"Yeah, I know you're not that type of person, but- but you did do it. I mean, it's your memory is just... poor."

"But- But my memory is- my memory is interesting. I remember... BIG stuff. I would've remembered if I blew up the house, I mean-"

"Well, you do remember, this... this is you."

"But- no- yeah but... how? How come you remember stuff, that I don't-"

"Just, well, I think it's... it's complicated."

"Yeah, definitely is."

"You- your brain is a funny place."

"... Yeah?"

"I don't know.. I mean, there is- I see two sides of you."

"No, no, there is no- no- I mean- no! You're just- You're just what happens, whenever I- whenever I just- like panic. It's obvious that- you're not- you're not- it must be- it HAS to be just something with my past on why this is happening. There is no way that- you have any- reason to be here. But I don't- I don't like, I DON'T LIKE YOU HERE, I'M GONNA BE HONEST! Really-"

"Well, I mean- I'm- I'm here all the time, you don't listen to me. Even if I scream, you don't listen."

"Come on, you're the traitor, you're the one who blew it up," the voice seemed to be just Dream, now. It was Dream.

"I don't remember." I replied simply, wrapping an arm around myself.

"You'll just have to try and remember why. You'll have to think. You'll have to remember. Just remember... remember... remember... remember..." The voice fades away.

"I can't... I can't remember... I can't- I don't know how to remember, I don't- I don't- And he's gone again... And he's gone again! I really betrayed everyone... There's no way that I could've done all that...! I've betrayed more people than I think... I can't remember... I can't I-" I burst into tears, the liquid burning marks down my face, " C'MON! THINK! THINK! Please...! Just think, just think! No, okay, no that was just- that wasn't rea- ... that wasn't real, no that wasn't- that- ... it couldn't- it couldn't be real- it couldn't be real! No, I didn't- I didn't do that, c'mon think! Think! THINK! PLEASE! Please just think! JUST THINK! C'MON PLEASE, PLEASE THINK! Why can't you think, why can't you think right now!? Please...!" My footing crumbled beneath me, the smell of smoke from the tears that I couldn't control falling down my face. "Please."

----------------

Why are we already so close to the end- this damned arc is so short XD