Prologue

I went to my parents house to tell them how I feel. They have always controlled what I do. Now, it is time I got control of my life. Why did I let them tell me what to do? Well, things are definitely going to change now.

"Mom and dad we have to talk. I want to be a teacher. I always have, and I am going to do it whether you guys approve or not." I said

"We don't think you should be a teacher. You won't get anywhere in life. And if you do this we won't be there to help you at all. I don't think you will even last a month." My dad said.

"I can and will be a teacher you guys can't stop me. I am 26 years old. I am an adult. I will still be an actress which is your guys' dream. But I will also be doing my dream.

"We won't help you until you have changed your mind. And also what will Clementine think when she finds out? You won't be able to make a difference in your life or the others." My mom said.

"Clementine already knows, and thinks I am doing the right thing. I am following my dreams now whether you approve or not. And why bring Clementine up when you don't even know her?" I said as I was leaving their house.

"We will not be there for you until you give up this stupid dream! We won't help you at all!" My parents said as I was leaving.

Why can't they believe in me and my dreams? Why do they always have to put me down from them? Why do they not care for what I believe in, what I enjoy? Why do they have to live their lives through me? Will I even be able to do this? What if I fail? Will they help me if I can't make it as a teacher?

What if I won't be able to make a difference? Will I be able to follow my dreams? What if I can't do it right? No, I have to stop thinking this way! I can do anything I set my mind to! I believe in myself and my abilities. Clementine also believes in me. I can do this. Just keep telling myself that. I can do this!

I finally got an interview six months later at Reef Grove High School. What if I don't become a teacher? What if I stop believing in myself? What will happen if I do become a teacher but can't make a difference? What if I can't pay for anything with a teachers salary? What if I lose Clementine because my dreams don't come true.

I arrived at Reef Grove High School and went into the office. "Hi, my name is Kelsey Jackson, I'm here for the interview." I said to the assistant.

"Hi, I will let them know you are here. It will be a few hours because of the other people interviewing for the job too. And I like your T.V. show The Morning Life. You did an amazing job." The assistant said excitedly.

"Thanks, it means a lot." I said.

"I really hope you get the job. By any chance could I get your autograph?" The assistant said.

"Yes, you can get an autograph." I said.

I gave her an autograph and sat down. "Excuse me can I get some water?" Another interviewee asked.

"Yes, they are around the corner in the vending machines." The assistant said.

"Thanks for the info." The other interviewee said.

This is going to stink. If the assistant knows me, will they know me? What if I don't get the job because of them knowing who I am? What if the interview doesn't go well? What if I don't get picked because they only think I'm here for an acting job? "i can do it." I accidentally said aloud.

"What was that Ms. Jackson?" The assistant asked politely.

"Nothing. I was wondering if I could get some water?" I asked.

"Of course anything for you. I will get it of course." The assistant said getting up.