Chapter 5

After I got done yelling at my parents I went to my bedroom and locked the door. Who do they think they are? I went and saw Clementine when she was first born. I went to all of her birthdays. I have talked to her for as long as I can remember. My parents haven't even seen her until today. And yet they always bring her up to try and use her against me.

 I am going to check on Clementine in an hour. I just have to calm down! Why are they here now? They have always ruined everything. They weren't really there for any of my birthdays. They would leave me alone for 3 months on end. My phone rang at that moment taking me out of all my thoughts. 

I answered the phone and said, "Hello?"

"Hey Kelsey, it's Thomas. I was wondering if you wanted to go bowling with me, Jay, and Leo? You can bring Clementine with."

"I don't think that is such a good idea right now. My parents are here visiting. I'm so sorry." I said.

"Oh ok no problem, I understand. I'm really close to my family and just want family time when I can." Thomas said sadly.

"Oh, well if you guys go bowling any other time I'm there. And I'm not really close to my family except for Clementine." I said.

"Well, see you tomorrow. If you need any help with your classes let me know."

"Thanks, means a lot to me. Hope to see you tomorrow. Tell me how bowling went."

"Bye."

"See you."

I hung up after saying bye. Well, that was nice of him. I just wish my parents were as considerate. Same with Leo. Why does he hate me so much? Ugh! This week is going to be crazy! I had better go check on Clementine. I hope she is doing fine. I just wish my parents would try to spend time with us, and let me follow my dreams.

I unlocked the door and knocked on Clementines door. "Clementine. Are you in there? Please open up the door." I said worriedly.

Clementine opened the door and had tears welling up in her eyes. She grabbed my hand and dragged me into her room. Clementine's hats were lying everywhere. She usually had them on the shoe rack that became her hat rack.

"Clem. Are you all right? I know that you aren't close to your grandparents and I'm sorry about that. How about this, we go out for a while, get away and talk? We can go get your favorite ice cream at The Dairy Ice Cream Palace." I said.

"I guess we can. Why haven't they taken any time to get to know me?" She asked through a sniffle.

"They don't even know the real me. Obviously, seeing as how they don't want me following my dreams. But, I have you to help me. And you have me to help you. I will always be there for you no matter what happens. Now let's go talk about this over ice cream. It has always made you feel better."

"All right let's go. I heard you talking to Thomas. Why didn't you want to go? I thought you would say yes, seeing as how you like him."

I blushed saying, "I don't like him not like that anyways. Besides, I barely know him right now."

 We avoided my parents in the living room by going through the kitchen into the backyard. We got in the car and started driving to The Dairy Ice Cream Palace. "Where do you want to start?" I asked.

I hope she gets it all out. I hope she doesn't bottle it in. Well, if she does I will try my best, and if not there are always counselors.

"They have never taken the time to get to know me, and they don't really seem to care about me." Clementine said frustrated. "The only person who has ever been there for me throughout my life, is you. You have always cared for me. You aren't like an aunt to me. You are like my mom and best friend. And all the people at my old school would make fun of me or treat me differently because you are an actress, although I never minded.

"High school is different, it is like I'm a goldfish in an ocean of fish. I'm at the bottom of the foodchain and go unoticed. I like high school. I am treated like everyone else. My grandparents haven't even asked me about school, ever. They haven't been to any of my birthdays. They don't know what I like and dislike. They probably don't even know I'm allergic to peanuts." 

 "I know what you mean. I have always felt the same way. And they are supposed to be my parents." I said. "You know I'm closer to our maid Julie, she was like a mother to me. And our butler Harold is like a father to me. They cleared away my tears everytime I cried, especially on my birthdays."

We finally got to The Dairy Ice Cream Palace. We both hopped out and went inside. "Hey Kelsey, Clementine! It has been a while since we last saw you. It is good to see you, but what's wrong?" Tracy said.

Tracy is so sweet she treats us like anyone else. And we are regular customers. Somehow she can always tell when something is wrong.  "Parents are visiting and they haven't even met Clementine. Although, they bring her up they don't actually know what she is like." I said.

We explained what was going on and it just so happened to be 2 hours later. Wait, did I read the clock right? It was already 6:00? That is so hard to believe! Tracy always seemed to be able to get us to talk about all our feelings, and vise versa. Tracy is just so sweet! She has long red hair and green eyes. She never wore the uniform, but no one who came in minded. She is wearing a red dress with green beads along the side. She is very beautiful

"Hey, thanks for listening. And thank you for the ice cream. Probably ruined our appetite for dinner though. Thank you for always trying to help us through tough times. We had better go have an actual dinner. If you get off soon do you want to come with us." I said.

"I actually got off an hour ago and sure. I'll buy though. You guys also listen to me and try to help me as best as you can. And I am always here." Tracy said.

"I will buy. You listened to us for 2 hours, we owe you one." I said.

"Ok you can buy this time. And just so you know Tyler and I got back together." Tracy said excitedly.

"That's good Tyler is a great guy! You guys are a perfect match. Are you guys ever going to get married, or are you guys going to continue the on and off relationship for another 3 years?" I said.

"That's amazing I really hope it works out between you two! And as Kelsey said, he is a great guy." Clementine said excitedly.

"Thanks guys, let's get going. Dylan clocked out for me, so we can just go." Tracy said.

We left for the restaurant next door. La Bella Luna was a really good restaurant. Plenty of different selections of food. It was one of my favorites. My favorite there is the Italian Chopped Salad in Shells. Clementine gets whatever she is in the mood for. After we order we continued talking. I order my shells, Tracy ordered spaghetti, and Clementine ordered the shells also.

"How is Tyler anyways? I hear he got a job at the Chip Chop Haircutters. That place is amazing at haircuts."  Clementine said.

"Tyler did get a job there and he loves it. He is doing amazing. He actually became the manager there." Tracy said happily.

I'm really glad she is happy. Whereas, my parents just arrived and Leo is just a jerk. My life is just spinning right now. At least she has someone she truly loves. They should have gotten married a year ago but then they broke up again.

"That is ama-." I said

"Well, well, well, looks like we like the same restaurant." Someone said with a familiar voice, interrupting me.