ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

⚠TW: KN*FE GAME⚠

"No." Shuichi's defiant voice came.

"Hmm?" It didn't show on his face, but Kokichi was surprised that it was such a clear and quick answer.

"It goes against my morals as a detective. I'm sorry, but no." Shuichi's surprised expression had been replaced with a strong, iron-willed one.

"Well then, let's have a competition to see if you die!" Kokichi said, picking at his nails.

"H-how? Life and death isn't something you can decide with a game, you know!" Shuichi said, still taking it seriously.

"Well I've got a game we could do! We'll have to take turns, but I'm sure it'll be fine" Kokichi reached into his pocket, pulling out a sharp knife. One definitely sharp enough to kill.

Chuckling as Shuichi's eyes widened, Kokichi casually tossed the knife, getting faster and more careless each time.

"K-Ouma! Stop throwing that knife, you're going to hurt yourself!" Shuichi said, attempting to grab the knife from the other.

"Ah-ah-ah~" Kokichi teased, leaning back and keeping the knife away from the taller male. "If there's one thing I know, it's never to give weapons to hostages."

'Hostages...' That word resonated in Shuichi's head. Right. He didn't belong here. He was here purely to bribe the police.

"Anyways-" Kokichi's words managed to break through his thoughts. "We're going to play the knife game! I'll go first!"

"Ouma, wait-" Shuichi started, but it was futile as the thumping noises began. Shuichi watched as Kokichi sped up, the knife barely missing his fingers every time until-

"WHAM!"

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Quite a short chapter today, but I'll try to make the next one slightly longer.

Thanks for reading so far and don't forget to vote!

-Kai :D