26| t h e b r o t h e r h o o d

VLADIMIR suddenly woke up from his deep unconciousness as he felt a sharp pain from his knees the moment he was thrown on the floor.

The room was dark and cold. By his mere observation he can immediately conclude that it was a room from an abandoned establishment.

The stench of dust, rust, and rotten wood filled the entire space

He snatched an ample time to explore his surroundings despite of the darkness that swallowed the whole place he could still see the figures of two men with broad shoulders standing in front of him; watching him as he struggled to stand up.

Vladimir gathered his strength to stand up even if his both hands are tied but his fourty five years old carcass cannot comply with the required force needed to stand his ground.

Instead of struggling he eventually stayed still like a lamb waiting to be slaughtered.

Finally! He heard a soft footsteps approaching his location.

Kung hindi siya nagkakamali ay iyon na siguro ang taong nagpadukot sa kaniya.

"You got one job Vlad but you chose your career over the mandated accords of the brotherhood! How quickly you turn your back to your clan?" A man's low voice boomed and reverberated inside the four corners of the abandoned place. His voice seems like a thunder rumbling beneath the earth.

Hindi niya masyadong makita ang taong nagsasalita ngunit parang narinig na niya ang tinig na iyon noon pa hindi niya lang mahalungkat sa kaniyang balintataw kung sino ang may ari ng malalim at bruskong tinig na iyon.

"Our ancestors and our fellow brothers have spent a millenia executing those filthy infidels and yet here you are spending your life over a petty simulated brain-washing profession," dugtong pa nito. "You know we  were given the chance to live on our chosen profession but that doesn't necessarily means that you have to abide on it forever!"

Suddenly a whip struck his back sending him an excruciating pain. He bent his back outwards to decrease the pain but its not working.

A searing pain marked his back.

"This will be the last time that I will see your incompetence or else I will kill you and your family," the man warned.

Tindyakan siya ng dalawang lalaking kanina'y nakatayo lang sa tabi niya. Hindi lang isa, hindi lang dalawa, kundi maraming beses siyang itndyakan sa tiyan.

He was out of breath, he felt like his ribs broke into pieces and his innards seems like it was absorbing the violent external force.

Vladimir's previous life flashed before his very eyes. The day when young Vladimir discovered that his father killed someone in front of him.

At an early age Vladimir witnessed a horrendous and horrifying murder in front of her innocent eyes and for more than a decade it has become a part of his childhood that scarred him for life.

It was a murder committed by his own father.

With a heavy pounding heart young Vladimir stared a horrifying subject of murder.