The Angel and the Vampire

AMAZINGLY EDITED BY Imperfectlittleme ! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

okay......i am not a very good writer......but forgive me

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++========++++

' Two that shall decide the fate of all,

One from the light with silver wings,

One from the dark with no desire to be king.

Their two worlds collide,

only they can decide,

How it all ends.'

Chapter 1: Meeting Gabriel

As I talked to Emily, a mother with a new born baby, she told me how she ended up all alone with her child. I realized that I would do anything to stop the war. Her life was ruined because of revenge seeking demons, and I have talked to so many others who have had the same thing happen.

”I really am sorry, I wish”- I said.

“Angel! Could you come help me?” someone cut me off. I flashed an apologetic smile at Emily before turning and running towards Clarissa, my aunt. She was holding a child in her arms, with bleach blonde hair and blue eyes, eyes that were streaming tears. I reached out my arms to take the little boy, and he jumped straight into them, almost knocking me over in the process. I wrapped my arms around him and gently cradled him, rubbing his back. His sobs quieted.

"Thanks, Angel! You’re a life saver." my aunt said as she turned and flew away to the nursery ward.

"Shush, shush. It'll be okay." I said soothingly. Everyone swore I had a way with children. I just thought I simply understood them.

"What's your name?" I gently asked him.

"Gabe-Gabriel." he stuttered, and then stated proudly with trembling lips "Gabriel Van James De Vanner."

I chuckled and shook my head. Names were everything to vampires. We took vampires in at the Fortress of Life, but they always got treated disgustingly by the other people here. Unfortunately we had to kick the vampires out if they came to us at twelve or older when they get to be twenty-one because that’s when they get their teeth and bloodlust. We still had time to bring Gabriel to see our way, which was peace. Our kind had been in war with the vampires and demons for hundreds of years, with the exception for us at The Fortress of Life, a castle that we adapted, to help all those who need help. It has never been attacked; for all sides of the war need us. We are basically the Red Cross for the underworld.   I slowly walked down to the kitchen, hoping to get some food for Gabriel.  

"What's your name?" Gabriel asked sweetly. That's the sad thing about vampires, I thought. They are little angels when they are young, but become such arrogant beasts when they get older.  

"My name's Angel. Angel Elizabeth Casper." I said, hoping he wouldn't know what it meant.     He apparently didn't, because he just smiled and said

"Angel..... I love you Angel." I froze, and then relaxed.  

"I Love you too, Gabriel." he sighed and fell asleep on my shoulder. I, more than anybody else knew what it was like to have people use you for power. Gabriel hadn’t eaten yet, and I debated whether or not to wake him, but I decided against awaking him. He looked exhausted.    

I slowly walked back up the stairs, careful not to jostle him and asked one of the attendants to lead me to an empty room he could have. The attendant nodded his head and started walking. I followed. After a few minutes we stopped in front of a chamber. He pushed open the door and walked away. I walked into the room, the same as any other room in the castle. White walls, light blue ceiling, white tile with a few blue rugs on the floor. The bed was white with a blue comforter.

I pulled back the blankets and settled Gabriel in and pulled the blanket to his chin, tucking him in. I smiled and sat in one of the blue chairs next to the bed. I believe that this little boy will become my little charge. I was right. For the next year, he was my shadow. Everyone thought I was mentally ill to care for a vampire, the scum of the land. Little did they know Gabriel was truly the only one who understood me... He became the five year old younger brother I never had, and my best friend.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i know this is starting kinda slow but i want the story to be well formed. please bear with me:) PLEASE tell me what you think, whether its to help me to improve or to critisize anything, i would Love comments of any kind;)Thanks BTW for those who dont know, teak is a very heavy and expensive wood that is from thailand and burma. i know from experince how bad it hurts when you kick it;)