Chapter 2: Who's He?

Okay its kinda short but please bear with me.;) i really would love comments......hee hee heres the story;) AMAZINGLY EDITED BY IMPERFECTLITTLEME ! THANKS SO MUCH!

------------------------------------------------------->pic of Hunter:D

**************************************************************************************************************

*************

A year later

Ugh! Why can't I just fall asleep? I asked to myself, annoyed. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. Maybe this is my problem, I thought. I did my business and washed my face and hands. Nothing. I sighed.

I quietly walked down the stairs, trying not to wake people up.

"Angel?" a sleepy voice asked loudly. Crap! Gabriel.

"Yes?" I whispered. when he didn't respond I thought that he was sleep walking so I start talking in a whispery voice, "It's just a dream, I-"   

“Angel, I am awake. You’re a weirdo." Gabriel whispered back, whilst laughing loudly.

"Gabriel! You’re going to wake up Maddama! Hush!" I whisper/yelled. He just rolled his eyes.

"What were you doing?"

"If you must know, I was going to get some water, and perhaps a piece of toast. Would you like some?" I asked. Then mumbled "it should shut you up, if nothing else will." he giggled. I stared in shock.

"Vampire?" he answered my raised eyebrow and pointed to his ear.  Dang vampire hearing! We both silently made our way downstairs. Gabriel had always seemed a little mature for a six year old.

He had told us that his family had died from the smallpox. I suppose having your family die on you makes you more mature. Even though I had taken care of him for a year, I still didn't tell him just who my parents are. I sincerely hoped he never finds out. “Ouch! Ow! Ow! Ow!" yelled, hopping around clutching my foot. I had run into a teak table that sat in the dining room. When the pain subsided I clapped my hands over my mouth, shocked that I had been so loud.

"And you got mad at me for being loud?" Gabriel mouthed. I just glared. He really reminded me more of an eleven year old year old than a six year old. He was too smart. Again, I'm going to blame it on his vampire blood.

We both stood frozen for a couple minutes but no one came downstairs so I figured we were safe; they slept like the dead. At this point, we weren't trying to be quiet, we were just having fun.

We crept into the kitchen, and I ran into the pantry to grab some peaches. I couldn’t find any, though. Where are they?

"Owwww!" I yelled. "Oh, I found them! Ha! You naughty peaches you!" The jar of peaches had been perched on the shelf and I had accidentally made them fall on me. I walked out of the pantry, fully expecting to see Gabriel laughing his butt off, only to see Gabriel completely stiff, staring in shock at something. I swiveled my head towards the door, but I couldn't see anything. Huh?

"Gabe! What's wrong?" I whispered to him. Suddenly he turned and ran behind me. "What?" I looked down at him just as he hissed.

I jerked my head back up just in time to see a tall shadow hop through an open window. "Uh..." I said stupidly. I turned around, grabbing Gabriel in the process, and started to run the other direction.

"Where do you think you’re going, little miss?" a deep voice asked.

I froze. It was physically impossible for me to move. I struggled against the barriers he put in my mind, keeping it so I couldn't control my body.

"We missed you, Gabriel. How come you ran away?" he asked smoothly.  What?! I felt myself tense up.

Gabriel was slowly backing against the wall, while the tall shadow was slowly advancing. I thought about all the times that my parents put me down. Yelled at me and punished me for nothing. It worked. I saw his whole body tense. Good. I broke the physiological confines he tried to keep me in and jumped forward; Turning on a light, I spun around, and froze, for the second time.

He was staring incredulously at me as well. I had NEVER seen anyone as uh, nice as him. He was tall, taller than my five eight by a foot at least. With black, black hair. So black, it looked like someone took a piece of starless sky, and set it on his head in a skater dude hair cut. My attention went down to his eyes. They were a deep green, with gold in them: entrancing. They rest of his body was just as, uh, nice.

The whole time I stared at him, he scrutinized me. I couldn't help but hope he found me as attractive as I found him.

"Uh, well, if you guys don't mind, I would like to introduce you two." Gabriel stated, breaking me out of my thoughts. Gabriel was wholly unaware of my great attraction to him (italics).

“Her name," he stated, poking a finger towards me, "Is Angel. Angel Elizabeth Casper.”

The unknown man hissed in recognition.

“And his name," there Gabriel pointed towards him(italics), "Is Hunter. Hunter Van Chance De Vanner.” I turned my head slowly towards Hunter when he hissed. I knew that he knew who I was.

*********************************************************************************************

Do you want me to keep going? tell me.pleaseeeeeeeeee! tell me if theres any typos please, ill fix em.