Chapter 10: The Mistake

soo guys, i have no more prewritten chapters, so ill be a while before i upload;D however, the more votes/comments i get, i will upload sooner:D hope you like it, oh! and the confusing names in here i will tell you how to prnounce them in the end of this chappie. ummm.......OH this will NOT become one of those, WHAT JUST HAPPENED IM SO CONFUSED storys that are REALLY hard to follow. if you dont understand it, ask me and ill explain:D thanks!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

“What!” she yelled loudly, making me wince.

“You heard what I said, he, well when he found out I was pregnant, my father demanded we marry. That day he ‘accidently’ pushed me down the stairs. Whether or not I planned that baby, I loved it Rose.” I was sobbing by the end of my sentence. I looked up and realized I wasn’t alone in it. Rose had tear tracks down her face as well. I heard feet pounding up the stairs and I shot to my feet, desperately dashing away my tears. Hunter and his father raced into the room, looking around wildly for us.

“What’s wrong? What happened Angel? Why did you cry?” he asked in a rush, a look of horror on his face.

“Nothing, I’ve just been a little emotional lately.” I came up with, it wasn’t a complete lie. He nodded before turning around to watch Jace enter.  I heard Rose suck in a sharp breath. I set my hand on her shoulder, determined to find out what was wrong. I glared at Jace, and he smirked evilly.

“What’s wrong Hunter?” he asked innocently.

“Apparently nothing.”

“Oh well. Let’s go dude.” He said and yanked Hunter out of the room. I felt a little hurt. Hunters father walked out of the rooms as well.

“Rosie, what was that about?” I asked, turning towards her. She lifted her head and said slowly,

“That’s him. That’s Vern. Angel, you need to do something. He is going to end up destroying you life. You need to tell Hunter.” She stated urgently. I nodded in agreement. There is no way I am letting that vermin back into my life.

“I will tell Hunter tonight.” She looked at me quizzically “He asked me out to dinner.” I explained. He was just too cute.

“Okay, but Angel, you need to tread lightly. You’re talking about his best friend here.”

“Don’t worry Rose, he’ll believe me.” I said confidently.

*********

I got dressed in a black floor length empire waist dress with black ballerina shoes. I didn’t bother with any make up besides a little black eye shadow. I slipped on a pair of black onyx earrings and a bracelet with the same gem. I looked into the mirror satisfied with my appearance, and walked out to the front door. Hunter said we would be leaving the castle again. I shuffled my feet impatiently, Where was he? I heard a carriage roll up and I glanced at it. He still wasn’t here! I was just about to go back inside to wait when Hunter opened the door in front of me.

“Where were you?”

“I’m sorry; I didn’t realize I was late.” He mumbled, obviously lying. I brushed it off, hoping that I didn’t just mess up the evening.