The Princess' Assistant |part 3|

A/N: i legit wrote this like two years ago and it is like so weird rereading it, like I feel like my writing style change since then and it just 😫😫 looking back now. That aside hope you enjoy 😊

 That aside hope you enjoy 😊

Klaus pov

I can't say I'm too thrilled about Caroline's little plan but if it gets her to stop hating me then so be it. Shocking I have to go through all this for a girl. I mean at the least she could have send someone who wasn't as bitchy as that Hayley chick. Who is trailing behind me, bored.

"I know Caroline send you to notice me but that doesn't mean you have to be my shadow." I almost joked, looking back just in time to see her roll her green eyes.

"If I'm not mistaken that is precisely what you called me when you were making your bargain with the princess." She looked at me. "King." She stated, almost sarcastically. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You've got some nerve, Hayley. I'll give you that." I chuckled and pour myself a glass of bourbon, looking out the window at the garden.

"Thank you. I wouldn't be an agent without it. King." Why does she always say King like that? As if she is mocking the title or doesn't like it or something. I rolled my eyes turning to face her.

"You know what Hayley? Since you are indeed my shadow, just call me Klaus." I granted her the permission. She looked at me carefully.

"I'm afraid that isn't professional." She sounded like a true professional which made me chuckle along with her words.

"Correct me if I'm wrong -which I highly doubt I am- didn't you just tell me that you rather die than end up as one of my sired little bitches?" I stated her words from earlier on, not missing the smirk she kept from appearing on her face.

"That was just so we knew where we stood, King." I gritted my teeth at her tone while calling me by my title.

"Well where we stand is that you don't call me King, honestly I've never heard anything more annoying then when you do so." I grunted, annoyed. She smiled victoriously.

"Well I'm sorry for annoying you, Klaus." She smiled after saying as if she is so innocent and unaware of what she was doing.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Aren't you suppose to be questioning me or something?"

She shrugged, looking around the room where I come to paint and clear my mind. "None is necessary at this moment. Words are the perfect liars. Actions can only lie for so long before they crumble to the truth." She is pretty smart.

"Ah, I see why Elijah has taken an interest in you, not just a pretty face." My tone condescending. Hayley looked at me up and down, seemingly uncomfortable in her spot. I don't get her. She was just so bold and now it's like she is waiting for my permission to walk and sit. I sighed, softly. "Feel free to look around, I do enjoy fans of my art."