Minefields

A/N: longest chapter I have ever written in this book. Been writing it for a while but was either busy, being a clown or lazy. Anyway, I can't believe I haven't posted shit since last year 🤯 so I guess a long chapter was needed. Feel free to take breaks while reading and yeah, I hope you enjoy. Also, stay safe. And the song inspired the chapter but like always I trailed from the song😛😂.

"Now this might be a mistake,that I'm calling you this lateBut these dreams I have of youAin't real enough,"

that I'm calling you this late
But these dreams I have of you
Ain't real enough,"

Hayley let out a breath as she ran her fingers through her hair before covering her face with her hands, sat up in bed. It had been the fifth time it happened. And she doesn't know why, all she knows is that she has been having intimate dreams about Klaus. And not intimate referring to sex, intimate in soft touches and fluffy conversations. It was weird to her, if anything she expected to be having those dreams about Elijah. You know, the brother she was in love with.

The first time it happened, she had flew up from her sleep, shaken up and completely weirded out. That wasn't hers and Klaus' dynamic. But by the fourth time, she accepted it and actually let herself sleep through it because it was nice. In the dream it just felt the type of right she never experienced in real with anyone, despite her daughter but she doesn't mean it in that sense.

Now, awoken from her dream where him and her went on a lovely date, she feels these little flutters in her stomach at the thought of it, and that makes her groan because what the hell. Klaus was attractive, she knew that, she knew that right off the bat -hence Hope - but he never given her butterflies. So, why the heck is he now in her dreams? It made no sense.

So, she kept it to herself, no one needs to know. Sighing, she then got up and out of bed, ready to take all the necessary hygienic steps to start the day.

Klaus wasn't far off from Hayley, he too have been having dreams of them. Not too inappropriate but not appropriate still. Unlike Hayley he sought to find out why he got such dreams. It wasn't like he never dreamt of the woman, he had, but not like this and not this frequently.

So he posed as a regular tourist in a bar in Rome and brought up the conversation with the bartender, like normal people tend to do. The bartender was all too happy to lend his input, as best as he can, and like it goes sometimes, the man sat besides him also chimed in to give his opinion.

"When, I had parted from my now wife, Rosalee, I hadn't really thought about it months after the break up. I went on, I lived my life, I had hookups, another relationship with a woman whom I had thought I would marry. But then that woman and I broke up because she wanted children then and I didn't. I was heartbroken over her ---name was Ameena - for about a year. And then randomly when my life was back on track, I was no longer heart broken, I got promoted, I was much more mature, I started having thoughts of my ex - not Ameena, my now wife, Rosalee. I was so lost as to why, I had practically forgotten about her. I tried to shake them off but they came back tenfold, then she started to appear in my dreams. I told my brother Lenny, and he said maybe she is in trouble and my thoughts and dreams are a sign for me to contact her. So bim boom, I did. She was fine, great even, her life was on the up and up. But she had said recently she was thinking about me too. I told her the same. We agreed to meet up for a drink and next thing I know, we are married for ten years now with two children." The guy that sat next to him, named David apparently, informed. The bartender guy nodding along with a bit of a smile at the story. Klaus narrowed his eyes and bit at his lip in thought.