5 ~ Armor

This originally wasn't the one-shot I had planned to come out next, but I didn't want to put it off any longer.

I started coming up with ideas for this after S2E6 came out because so many people were not liking Ricky's behavior (I didn't either) and were just dissing him left and right. I have a whole rant about him (HSMTMTS Season 2 pt 28: Episode 6 of More Nonsense) if you want to check it out.

Obviously, because the episodes were a week apart, that allowed for time to theorize what would happen next. I began writing this the day before E7 came out.

The only knowledge I had while writing 99% of this was up to E7 and the E8 promo because I didn't want the show to influence the story (it was so hard to resist watching E8, so I could use my own thoughts to write this).

I may now present my version of episode eight.

Started: June 24, 2021
Finished: July 2, 2021

🍪🍪🍪

Ricky quickly left the room, eager to be alone for a moment. Does she mean it? I mean... I think so. She sounded genuine. He walks faster down the hall, sticking a hand in his pocket and digging his fingernails into his thigh; it wasn't enough pain to do any damage, but it was enough of a distraction for now.

Ricky was walking to his first class of the day, having just apologized to Miss Jenn for his... outburst. He didn't mean for his dad to miss out on an opportunity to be happy again, but he was also uncomfortable with the fact that she was his teacher. He felt like his life was falling apart slowly; the small bit of time at the end of the school day was no longer an escape.

Miss Jenn said she accepted his apology, and Ricky was nervous she was just saying what he wanted to hear.

He continues down the halls, moving through the crowds of people. That is until he sees his favorite person. Ricky didn't know whether to approach her or not; they've been a little rocky since the universe seems to be against them. Their schedules rarely lined up anymore.

He realized how he was acting after Nini questioned his behavior over the phone; well, he already knew before that after Miss Jenn's questions, but he wanted to apologize better to her instead of just walking up and saying it. It had to be more meaningful than that. He hesitantly approaches her with a smile. "Hey."

"Hey," she responds, closing her locker and turning to him.

"So, uh... I was wondering if you were busy later. After rehearsal obviously."

"Uh, no, I didn't have anything in mind."

"So is that a yes?" he asks nervously.

"Sure, yeah." It was a little awkward, but nothing they haven't experienced before.

"How does eight sound?"

"Perfect. What are we doing?"

"It's a surprise."

"Well, what do I wear?"

"Whatever you want. Just make sure to bring a jacket."

"Ok," she smiles.

"Great." He quickly pecks her forehead. "I'll see you then."

"You'll see me at rehearsal," she deadpans.

"Oh, you know what I mean."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately, there were no rehearsals; the end of the school day rolls around, and it's announced that the drama department has been suspended for a while because they trespassed on North High.