7 ~ Soulmates

Suggested by hsmtmts_1d

Started: October 24, 2020, at midnight
Finished: January 7, 2022

Damn, another story that's taken over a year😅
(There are going to be tons more of those.)

🚩Everyone is the same age
🚩Drinking
🚩Minor Abuse

Another thing is that I know that the colleges I have chosen for this story are quite unrealistic; I just needed to choose names that most people would be familiar with.

It's Olivia's birthday! 🥳

It's so strange to think about the fact that she's 19.
(That somehow makes me feel old, and I'm younger than her lol.)

I can still remember watching her video of top 18 songs for her 18th and the get to know me video that was filmed before her 18th for the first time last year.

I was planning on posting this closer to the beginning of the month but decided to wait a little while longer since her birthday was so soon.

I just want to mention this: please don't be a silent reader. I love to have feedback, and it makes a story that much more amusing to see comments. I am guilty of this too sometimes. (I have said this in my other stories too.)

Anyway now, sorry for the long wait; let's get on with the story!

🍪🍪🍪

Everyone has a soulmate. Each person receives a hint as to who they are when they turn sixteen. Every soulmate pair has the same symbol tattooed on their wrists. It doesn't matter what it looks like; just know it's only unique to those two people.

Whether they've been in each other's entire lives or they're complete strangers, meeting them is inevitable. Most tend to be the second one; 95% of the time, the two have yet to meet. But that's not the case for Richard Bowen.

Better known as Ricky, he's known his soulmate his entire life. She's been with him through everything. They've known each other since they were five, before the concept of soulmates was introduced to them.

When Ricky's sixteenth birthday rolled around, his friends were more excited than he was. "Cheer up, dude; we're gonna find out who you're gonna spend the rest of your life with," Big Red, his best friend, had told him.

"But it's not like I get their name. I just get a weird-looking drawing burned into my skin," Ricky had said, which was technically true. He was going to be sixteen in a few hours, and he still didn't necessarily understand how soulmates worked. Yeah, it's cool to learn who it is, but do you really learn who it is?