9 ~ Enough ~ 2

Wow... I can't believe I haven't posted here in seven months. Yikes😬

I tried to have this out for the holidays, but that obviously changed since I didn't think it was ready. So here's to 2023!

These start and end dates aren't a joke😅
Part 1 took me two days, and here we are with 2 taking well over a year. (This also turned out to be much longer than I had originally planned.)

Started: April 20, 2021
Finished: December 29, 2022

🍪🍪🍪

Previously:
"Ricky," he says, returning it despite her already knowing his name. "What should we do in the meantime?"

"I don't know," she shrugged. "Tell me something about yourself." Suddenly, working at the mansion didn't seem so bad.

***

That's how it went for the next few jobs. Ricky would go over and be demanded to do something by Dana, but she would leave, and then he and Nini would do whatever for his hour of 'work.'

Ricky stopped by Big Red's house after that first day he was sick, and boy was he not kidding. He wouldn't be helping around the mansion anytime soon. Apparently, he had caught a case of the stomach bug and felt like he was knocking on death's door.

A few weeks down the line, he was asked to clean out the garage. Ricky silently hoped Nini would be there; not only because she let him off the hook but also because he genuinely enjoyed her company. He learned through their talks that they both have a love for music, which is what most of their conversations center around. (They also had awkward relationships with their mothers, which was a whole other can of worms.)

Ricky didn't need as much of his own cleaning supplies for the garage, mostly because all it took was a broom. Seriously, this woman can't take a simple broom and go over her own garage. Nonetheless, he still goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ricky enters the mansion and stands awkwardly in the kitchen while Dana gives her orders. "And finally, you missed some dust last time," she concludes.

He bit back his scoff as she criticized everything. The only dust I know of is in my ears when you talk.

A few minutes pass, and they hear footsteps come down the stairs. Nini. Ricky smiles a little when he sees her while she tries to hide hers. She goes into the refrigerator and frowns. "I think we're out of milk."

Dana comes over next to her daughter and opens the fridge door wider. "That's odd. I thought I just bought some."

"Looks like yet another trip to the grocery store," Nini says. Dana never had anyone do the shopping for them because she always wanted to be the one to pick everything out; there would be no point in hiring someone to buy all the wrong items and be forced to return them. "While you're at it, could you also grab these?" Nini texts her a list of simple bathroom essentials that she probably already has plenty of at the moment.

"Of course. Be back soon." She walks towards the front of the mansion and adds, "Ooh, and there's a wasp nest right outside the garage door. Get rid of it as well," before finally leaving.

Nini goes to the window and watches for her to leave. "And... we're clear."

"Great, what do you want to do?" he asks, hopping onto the kitchen island.

"Excuse me, but I believe you have a job to do," she says jokingly, coming to stand between his legs.

He playfully rolls his eyes. "Really?"