Chapter Eight

"Sometimes you have to be prepared for the unexpected, be tough than you usually are. That's what a battle is, but you have to be willing to fight to the end. No matter the words, or hardships."

• Mia's point of view

The rested of my weekend consisted with little interruptions since my parents happened not to be on speaking terms with me, but my cellphone always had something to entertain me. And it lays seemed to be from Seth. After our small run-in at the golf course, Seth and I had become official friends. He was everything I wanted. Handsome, funny, charming, chivalrous, and very energetic, which was exactly what I needed to get my mind off Blake. Though he surely had not vanished from my life, or my mothers mind.

---

Later k. At dinner, my mother made sure I got all the tension that had built up in her system over the last day, or so.

"Mia Marie Anderson!" That was definitely not the last or first time I had heard those words. "You absolutely embarrassed me at the country club yesterday. What had gotten into you!" She snapped.

I rolled my eyes, she obviously hasn't seen Christina drench my chest full of icky fruit punch. "Mom, seriously?! Did you not see her pour punch down my shirt! I was soaked in front of tons of strangers and you say you should be the one embarrassed! Ha, you are funny my dear mother." I fought as my eyes rose from my plate to glare at my defenseless mother. My father caught the deadly glare and immediately shot one back in her defense.

"Oh whatever Mia! Stop being so self-centered. Perrie told me Christina felt so bad! You should be the one and WILL be the one apologizing at school tomorrow, understood?" She said through what seemed as gritted teeth. I ignored her and shoved my food away, causing the silverware on my plate to shake.

"Mia!" My father barked.

"Fine." I grumbled as I stood and stomped towards my bedroom. I slammed the door shut for emphasis that I was mad before collapsing into my bed in tears. My body shook as my nerves shivered sizzled with anger. I could tell this was not the end of my mother and Christina's low blows, and it's certainly not the last of my own.

After a little while of crying, I found myself sulking to my shower and getting a relaxed bathing before dressing in my sleepwear, and returning to the safety of my bed. It hurt to know some snobbish girl I attended school with so long was ruining my mother and I"s relationship.

---

The next morning, I managed to drag my exhausted body into my bathroom for a rinsing before stepping out and walking to my closet as I dried off. I got dressed in a simple pair of blue jeans, a random hoodie with a black pair of TOMS, and my hair on a nice side braid.

I grabbed my bag and traveled down the carpet that covered the long arrangement of steps that lead into my living room.

My mother looked up from her spot on the couch and just stared at me. My eyes caught hers and she gave a slight of her head before going back to the Home&Gardening magazine that sat, opened in her lap. I didn't bother to acknowledge it as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bagel with some cream cheese. I noticed my father clear his throat before his chair made an unsettling screech against the sandstone-tiled floors from Australia.

"Mia, sweetie," he started in a low voice. "You know your mother and I--"

Beep. Beep. Ha, saved mp by the horn of a priceless German sports car. Hell, with my luck it surely could only be the demon himself.

"The best for me, of course I know." I said, filling in his last words before escaping my fathers unnecessary, interrogating session. I walked out past my mother who was perched on the couch, and put the front door into the frigid winter air. I noticed Blake's car and walked over to the back passenger door and slid into the seat. I closed to door, feeling the heat surround my body before Blake ruined it all.

"Listen, Mia. Chrissy here wants to apologize," Chrissy? They made me sick to my stomach.

I could hear Christina mumble a few groans before turning in her seat, sending me a cold glare with an angel smile. Nothing but the devil inside, I thought to myself.

"Mia, I am so sorry for my actions this past Saturday. I feel like a total bi*tch." She managed as innocently as she could. Finally? She just found out she was b*tch? Ha, Ha. I effortlessly mirrored her fake smiled and began to speak.

"Oh, it was fine Christina! I know how fake people have to have their ways and are total female dogs." I smiled. Blake glared at me in the rear view mirror as Christina starred at me in nutter shock. It was as if I had just whacked m hand across her pretty little face. She swallowed and turned stiffly around in her leather-coated seat. Mission One, complete.

Once we arrived at school, Christina got out and marched towards the entrance of our school. Blake turned in his seat and shot me could-be deadly daggers. "What is your problem? Christina tries and all you do is crush it all!" He snapped.

"We'll guess what Mr.Respect, have you seen all the kids feelings she has hurt? Some of us have had enough of "Chrissy's" bullsh*t efforts, including me. I am done ignoring it, Blake. So, to end this, you should have by now got the signal to NEVER step foot on lawn with your pricey German car and snobby girlfriend, ever again! Besides, I know out parents are paying you compensation for even fooling with me. Thanks for wasting your gas!" I waved as I stepped out of the door with a big grin.

Mission Two, conquered. The facial expression on his face was collectible. Looks like Mia Marie Anderson has grown some balls.