Chapter Two

Chapter Two --

My mother's face was still filled with excitement as she began filling me in on all the details.

"The wedding is going to be about a week after graduation." She explained, her eyes twinkling. My father on the other had was a bit iffy about the situation but could never say no to my mother. I was just the same way; I loved the woman so much I would do anything for her.

I still sat in awe, my mouth slightly opened. "One week? Mom graduation is only two months away! How in the heck am I supposed to learn to love a suspicious mystery guy I don't even know exists!?" I said, pacing in front of the sofa.

I had never been this confident unless I was totally upset about something, but soon I would toughen it out -- that's how she always got her way. I would always lose confidence in myself and give up the fight. But not with this one, I just couldn't let her win.

"Oh calm down Mia! He's a charming guy, me and your father had met him and his parents recently." She said, trying to make everything seem like it was okay when it really wasn't.

"But mom! I wanna fall in love, not be forced to love someone!" I said, throwing my hands up. She ignored my plea and shoo'd me upstairs to get dressed in something formal to meet my 'husband to be'. I rolled my eyes as I jogged up the grand staircase and into my bedroom.

I stripped as I closed my door and immedaitely went to get a shower, mostly to cool off and relax.

"Mia hurry up! Our guests will be here very soon!" My mother called up the stairs. I ignored her call but soon the steam overcame me and it was time to get out. I wrapped my towel around me after drying off and walked to my closet, picking out something appropiate to wear.

Since it was formal I came up with a nice yellow dress that came about five inches above my knees, a black blazer with a pair of four inch heels. I let my hair flow naturally and added some lipgloss before heading downstairs. My parents eyes widened a bit. "Well don't you look lovely." My mother spoke before tending to the roast on the counter.

"Thanks."I smiled.

I wasn't one to get dressed up but since I was meeting my 'mystery fiance' I decided to get a bit glammed up.

"But mom, dad! I don't want to do this. For all I know she could be some psycho poised to kill me!" A deep frustrated voice exclaimed. Don't worry, I'm pretty scared of you too, I thought. My mother squealed with excitement as she practically skipped over to open the door. Was she that excited about marrying her only child left away? I didn't catch a glimpse of anyone behind my mother but surely could hear their conversation.

"Oh how nice to see you again young man, I'm sure you will be pleased with my daughter as much as I am with you." My mother said, and by the tone in her voice I knew that ridiculous grin that showed earlier today was still plastered there like it was painted permenantly.

"Oh yes, you can meet her right now. Mia! Honey come here." She called. I huffed before standing, leaving my father to occupy himself as I walked to the front door. I squinted my eyes, trying to catch a glance at the unknown guy but he seemed to be hidden behind everyone.

"Mia, meet Mrs. Tenney! Your soon to be mother-in-law!" Tenney?

Oh no.

no.

no.

no.

Just hell no.

I plastered a fake grin, "Hi." Without a second thought she pulled me into a hug, "It's so nice to finally meet you." She grinned, sounding exactly like my mother. Then an older looking man, maybe around his mid-40's came up and gave a curt nod and a firm shake of my hand before stepping behind Mrs. Tenney once again.

"Blake! Honey, come meet Mia." Mrs. Tenney called, making a young boy appear from behind her and Mr. Tenney.

Blake gave a cheeky grin, I could already feel his eyes wandering up and down my body. "Why hello there, I'm Blake. I believe we attend school together." He smirked. I held back the impulse to slap him right then and there and walk away, "Yeah, I'm Mia. Mia Anderson." I spoke and shook his hand once.

There was no way in hell I was going to end up with this douche. Not on Mia Alexandria Anderson's watch.

~~~~

Dinner went on with our parents in a deep conversation about this whole arranged marriage thing while me and Blake sat awkwardly, sometimes making eye contact. A few times under the table he had tried to rest his hand on my thigh but I would immediately shove it away. Man-whore. Wasn't he supposedly dating Christina?

After dinner had worn down the parents talked about the last pieces of the wedding before leaving, Blake in tow after kissing my cheek. I rolled my eyes internally in disgust before shutting the door and stomping up to my bedroom.

Life sucks, badly.