Chapter Seven

(A/N: At the beginnign of each chapter, I am going to either start posting lyrics that connect with the chapter or like some sort of quote, sound good? great (: AND SHOUTOUT TO @CHINKSSORIANO)

------------

Surprise, surprise. Life isn't always what it seems. There is always going to be someone to disagree, and someone to always want to show you the way. Just make sure you listen to your heart and choose the right path.

Mia's POV ---

I woke up to the sound of alarm clock blarring in my ear. I sat up to get a glance at my clock and immediately hopped out of my bed.

"Mia! Thirty-minutes until the party!" My mother called. I swear for the past few weeks she had became the second most annoying person in my life. And it was all because of a stupid boy.

I rushed into the bathroom and got a good, cleansing shower before getting out and blow-drying my hair. I brushed through my hair before walking into my closet and grabbing a few pieces of clothes.

I looked through the clothes I had tossed on my bed and decided on a pair of black mary-jane type of heels, a nude sequined dress with a fuchsia blazer. I looked at my hair in the mirror and decided to let it flow naturally and walked to grab my clutch.

---------

I wound up getting screamed at by my mother during the whole car ride for making her late.

"But then mom, you can be fashinably late." I said, hoping to lighten her mood. And guess what? That still did me no justice.

After a while I began to ignore her, looking out the window or applying a few dabs of makeup. Once we arrived, my mother looked over.

"Sweetie," She sighed. "What has happened between us two?" She asked, resting her hands on the stirring wheel.

Is she kidding me? Doesn't whenever I frown give off some idea that I am totally against getting married to some idiot?

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Mom really? I thought we had already went over this." I said, pulling on the handle of the car door. She grabbed my hand as she began to open her mouth once again.

"Mia, I really don't want us to become like this and never talk or even see each other." She pleaded, looking at me with tear-filled eyes. And how did she feel when I sat crying and begging her to call off this whole charade?

(Flashback)

"You hate me don't you? You don't want me to be happy...y-you don't understand. I am nothing like Chris, ...can't you see mom? Can't you take a chance and try to understand your daughter for once? Just try, please.." I asked. I felt tears begin to trickle in my eyes, but I held on to them for dear life. No one could ever see me cry.

(End of Flashback)

"Well mom, maybe if you would take into condiseration your daughters happiness, possibly we have the perfect relationship we used to have, but no! You can't even respect that!" I said, throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Well what do you not understand that it is all for your good!"

I rolled my eyes, holding back the desire to glare at her. "My good? You want to talk about what is for my good? Well you sure are on the wrong road! Arranged marriage is no good for me!" I shouted, getting out of the car and slamming my door shut.

"Mia!" She said in a distressed tone, pushing her car door open and getting out. "I am not going to tolerate you using that tone with me, nor this argument."