Chapter Four

A/N: I know everything in the story is slightly confusing from the description and such but it will all soon fold out into a good understanding (:

Chapter Four --

The next day, after school I had managed to escape a ride with Blake although in the morning my mother made sure that I got into the same car with him.

~~~~

"But mom! I don't want to. All it does is cause crap at school." I argued, almost ripping the zipper out of my satchel as I zipped it.

"Too bad. You've ignored them for years now, you can do it again."

I rolled my eyes. I wasn't usually like this but having to cope with the fact that I would be sharing my nuptials day with a huge jerk did not satisfy me. At all.

~~~~

I fought the reluctance in me to back out on the "coffee" date Blake and I had agreed to.  I glanced at the clock and saw it was 5:00, thirty-minutes until we would meet up. 

I got a quick shower before getting out and getting dressed in a pair of jeans with a short-sleeve trapeze top and some flip-flops. I let my hair flow to it's natural waves before grabbing my satchel and walking downstairs. "Bye mom, bye dad!" I called.

My father came from around the corner, "Where are you going?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Coffee date with Blake." I answered, hearing my mother start to giggle. She definitely doesn't care about my happiness.

I walked outside and got in the driver's side of my car, turning the keys and letting it purr to life.

~~~~

I arrived at the local coffee shop and parked, letting my engine power down before unbuckling my seatbelt. I grabbed my messenger before getting out of my car and locking the doors, rushing into the restuarant. I wanted to get this whatever it was over and done with. 

I pushed the door open, walking in and my eyes searching the cafe. My eyes didn't catch Blake's so I just walked to the counter and orded an Iced Mocca Latte. "Hey Anderson!" A familiar voice called. I turned to see Blake and waved before paying for my latte and heading over. 

"Oh, Blakey!" My head snapped in the direction I heard the voice and saw Christina in a bright yellow tank with some shorts and flip-flops. It was way too late in September to be wearing some shorts.

Blake looked at me and saw he disappointed look in my eyes. "Sorry?" He shrugged before standing to go tend to Christina. 

I sat down in the empty seat of where Blake was sitting and sipped on my latte, waiting for them to come back. Christina pranced over and sat in front of me, shooting daggers when Blake wasn't looking. I can't believe this, but he even tried reaching for my hand under the table. I placed my hands on the top of the table and smirked.

"So what's up with...her..and you Blake?" Christina asked, crossing her arms over her chest.  I hid the fact that I wanted to flat out say something back but Blake gave a look of desperation; almost as if he was telling me to give her a chance. She's had way too many damn chances.

Blake cleared his throat and looked at me before glancing at Christina. "Well um, we have some big news." He said. There was no doubt in my mind Christina was killing me mentally.

"Don't tell me you got her knocked up." She spat. 

"Oh? I would've figured by now you'd have a--" I started, the glare in my eyes getting more intense. Blake sighed, "No I didn't not get her pregnant. But the real reason is..w-we're having an arranged marriage." 

Christina's eyes popped out of her head. "What?!" She yelled enraged. "To this bimbo?" I stifled my laughter.

"Surprise, surprise." 

"Oh will you shut up!" She said. I turned away, letting her wrath capture Blake all alone. 

"Listen Christina, I know it's weird but me and Mia are working on a way to get our parent's to change their minds. I promise, sweetheart." Sweetheart? More like evil devil or something. 

She caught her breathe and sat down, gaining her composure as all the people in the restuarant still stared. "Sorry for the interrruption." She said, waving everyone off before turning to glare at me and Blake. "You better." She spat before standing and slamming her chair to the table.

The last thing I heard was her bright pink flip-flops flapping against the floors of the cafe. 

Blake laid his head on the table, "Really Mia? You didn't have to start with her." 

I gasped, "Me start with her? She called me "her" she freaking started with me!" I said, standing up frustrated.

"Well you know Christina is not the easiest person to get along with. You could've ignored her or something."

"Ignore her?! She was shooting daggers at me." I spat, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulders. "You know I should have never agreed to this and don't worry about getting out of this, I'll find a way myself."

And with that I stormed out of the cafe and to my car, starting it and speeding off. I was officially done with this.

Mom, it's time to learn who is in charge of my life. And it is surely not you.