Chapter One

Mia's Point-of-View

I walked into the newly renovated hallways of Jamestown High, in which my parents had helped with. Sure it looked better but for the foolish acts my fellow peers did it wouldn't last long. 

"Hey Mia!" I heard behind me, seeing my friend Naomi slowly make her way through the crowded hallways. She had been my only friend ever since Junior High, I was too low for the 'populars' standards; not that I really cared anyways.  

She strided up beside me and smiled, "Hello Naomi!" I smiled, linking arms with her.

She was about my height, long jet-black hair that reach her waist and a figure to match. She was practically everything a guy could want -- the complete opposite of me. Although from the way she dressed to the way she looked you would think she would choose the populars, heck no, she chose me. 

We both walked to our lockers, exchanging our books and making small talk. The warning bell rang and we shut our lockers, walking towards our first period -- American History. I was a huge fan of it behind Chemistry so it never phased me as much as it did the other kids who would groan the whole time. 

~~~~

The first two periods went on smoothly and soon it was lunch. Naomi and I had met up by the water fountain and walked to lunch together.

"You'll never guess what I heard!" She gushed.

She may be a nerd and want nothing to do with the 'in crowd' but my goodness she knew every gossip in town. "What?" I chuckled, trying to sound so enthusiatic about the newest rumor in town.

"Blake Tenney is in on some type of arranged marriage! Christina was pissed off." She said, laughing in the process. We were always those two girls who were outcasters that laughed at the stupid mistakes the leading boys and girls made in school.

"So his parents are making him get married to some mystery girl? Oh how I feel for the poor girl." I giggled.

"Word is that the girl is someone who goes right here at Jamestown High. " I made a face, searching through the crowd for any girl his highly respected parents would choose for their daring, but dashing son.

"Hm, interesting." I said as we got into the lunch line. All through lunch I kept thinking about the 'mystery girl' who was lucky enough to get a piece of Blake Tenney. Not.

From past experiences the guy was a total jerk. He was the well-known senior jock who every freshman jock dreamed of being. He had girls crawling for his attention, but it all seemed to be on Christina Roberts (my nemesis since about well, forever). 

I heard a high-pitch giggle and sulked in my seat. Speak of the devil. She had her wannabe's following in her flank while Blake was right by her side, carrying her tray while she held her high priced tote bag.

They all sat at the table across from where Noami and I were sitting and immediately girl's and some boys were rushing to accompany them, even a few freshman guys who got rejected in person by Christina. They all frowned but once they caught a glimpse of Christina with her  flouncy blonde hair and pink-glossed lips they almost look like a couple of fangirls at One Direction's concert.

~~~~

The day ended on a good note as I soon got in my car, the engine purring to life. I had a small mint green beetle while all the other cars on the parking lot were from high-priced Mercedes to huge Hummers. As you could tell some of the richest kids in town went here; but none of the vehicles matched Christina's pepto-bismol colored Camaro. It was absolutely hideous.

~~~~

Once I arrived at home I saw both of my parents vehicles parked. That is seriously weird; they were never home at the same time. Dad had late hours while Mom stays at high-ranking celebrity's houses doing their makeup until they look totally transformed.

I stepped out of my car and strided to the front door, stopping to unlock the door before stepping over the threshold to see my parents sitting on the leather sofa. They broke from their conversation before noticingme and gave warm smiles.

"Hello darling." My mother spoke, getting up and hugging me. Weird or what? I mean not that my parents hugged me but just the scene and how they were so formal and...weird, i guess.

"Hi mom, Hi dad." I smiled letting go of my mother before hugging my father. After I did I settled on the couch facing my parents.

"So we have some great news to tell you!" My mom said with an excited smile on her face. I knew exactly where this was going, "we're going on a business trip!" I expected, but the words that came out of her mouth made me want to go in rage.

"You are going to be having an arranged marriage!" 

What the hell?

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : That is Mia Anderson on the side (: also known as (Emilie Nereng). I also have another surprise for our main character Mia so stay tuned!