Chapter Six

Chapter 6 --

Mia's pov --

 (The Next Day)

  I glanced at myself in the mirror and sighed. My mother was definitely not giving up so easily on my arranged marriage. She just thought it was oh so easy to get married to a stranger. Or well,..a guy who didn't even know you exist. Think again mother.

  After having my little pity party I headed downstairs for dinner, and may I say, it was really awkward. Reason why? After our little argument yesterday we weren't quite on the same page considering she was still planning to marry me away to a guy I barely communicate with.

  "So..." My father said, clearing his throat.

  "Mia,...how was your day at school?" Mother asked.

  I just shrugged, "Just fine I guess."

  "Was Blake there?"

  "Of course." Along with his plastic-looking girlfriend. Sooner or later she left me alone to eat my dinner.

  A few minutes later, I finished my dinner and went back to the safety of my bedroom. I sunk into the mattress and pulled my phone out, pulling up a new message. I dialed in what I thought was Blake's number.

  I know you are asking why I have his number, it's a well...complicated story?

  See, my mother thought it would be a good idea to exchange our numbers, for example, I needed a ride, or something was to come up.

- - - -

To : Blake

  What's up?

- - - -

  I pressed send and laid back in my bed. I waited around for him to reply, but once it was around twenty-minutes later he was occupied with Christina the Barbie.

  "Ready or not, here I come, I like your face, do you like my song?" My phone rang. I looked over and saw Blake's name flashing across the screen. I picked my phone up and opened the text.

- - - -

From : Blake

  Nothing much, and you?

- - - -

  I replied with the same answer and tossed my phone on my pillow, searching through t.v. channels. Our conversation went on for about the rest of the night until I fell asleep. I hate to admit, but I felt this weird connection between me and Blake. Like we got along on certain terms, although it was quite weird texting your enemy's boyfriend/arranged husband. 

  Boy was my life complicated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------