Chapter Three

Chapter Three --

My mother's screeching call awoke me in the morning, making me groan. I had rarely slept last night thinking  of my 'fiance' annd how the hell I was going to measle my way out of this.

I swung my feet off the side of the bed and sulked to my bathroom, getting a good cleansing before getting out and drying off. I could seriously say I hate my parents, but I don't have the heart. Why me of all people? 

I changed into a pair of skinny jeans, a white short-capped sleeve shirt flowing top from A.E and some ballet flats. I also put my contacts in and grabbed my backpack before jogging down the stairs.

"Bye mom, bye dad!" I called, twisting the doorknob only to be stopped by my mother.

"Oh sweetheart, don't be in such a rush!"

I looked at her strangely. "I forgot to tell you last night, Blake will be taking you to school from now on."

My eyes must have been shooting daggers because my mother rushed over and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Honey you can get to know him better, he's a sweet guy." She said. I groaned. "Mom really!? I have a car! Do you know what people at school would say? I can't and I won't be accepting a ride from Blake Tenney, not over my dead body." I argued.

She shook her head, "Too late. And lose the tone Mia, I don't know what has gotten into you these days. You used to be so sweet." And with that she strutted out of the room to join my father for breakfast.

Too late?

Lose the tone?

What's gotten into you?

Question is mother, what the hell have you been smoking? 

I reluctantly marched into the kitchen and got a bagel with some orange juice. My parents sat at the dining table talking while I looked through a few texts, munching on my food in the process.

Honk, Honk.

My head snapped up. Could my day get any worse?

"Mia honey, that should be Blake. Have a great day at school!" My mother practically gleamed as I walked to the front door and strided out, closing the door behind me. 

My eyes buldged a bit once I saw a pricey sports car sitting in my driveway, the motor quietly purring.  The window rolled down and Blake grinned.

"Get in princess." I rolled my eyes in disgust before walking to the passenger side and opening the door. "Mhm.." I heard and lord behold there was Christina sitting where I was supposed to be sitting. He surely didn't know how to make a good impression on his soon-to-be wife (not on my freaking watch!) with his girlfriend sitting in the front seat or had he even told her at all?

I wound up in the backseat of his car, staring out the window. I couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation and when Christina thought she saw me looking she'd glare. I shot one back and smiled innocently.

When we arrived at school I right away got out of the car and was hurry to the entry doors.

"Hey Mia! Wait up." Blake called.

I turned once, "What?" I said, impatiently tapping my foot. He just waved me off and rolled his eyes, pulling Christina into a deep kiss. Disgusting.

I began to turn around a bit too quickly and bumped into someones chest. Definitely a guy. I fell to the concrete ground but as soon as I landed someone hand reach their hand out. I gladly accepted, getting up on my feet.