~ Byakuya Togami x Tired!Reader ~

/Title/
Long Day

|Disclaimer|
Thunderstorms, Insults {This is Togami, c'mon | Not Toward You}

• Universe •
Non-Despair AU

\Requested By\
N/A
Gift for @/Himbo™️

You listened to the thunder and rain pour onto the roof and windows. You found it intriguing, really. The way the world lit up blue and white with every flash of lightning. The foggy exterior and the sight of so much rain was a touch to it. And all this made you a little sleepy.

You yawned, pulling yourself away from the window. The car kept driving through the storm, though the ride was as smooth as you'd imagine.

You looked at your phone, checking the time. It was only two in the afternoon! Well, at least you were let go early from the meetings you had gone to with your boyfriend. With so much rain you couldn't afford to stay any longer without being washed out.

You slowly looked over to Byakuya, who held his glasses that stood on his nose. He was reading some files in his hand, a serious and focused look on his features. You didn't want to bother him, you knew how he got when he was focused on work.

Though, he always seemed to know when you were looking at him, or thinking of him. He glanced in your direction, pulled the files down a bit to pull his full attention to you. He adjusted his glasses before he sighed softly and put the files in his briefcase.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked, crossing his arms and turning his head to you. "You look like a tired puppy requesting a pat on the head." He watched you closely, blinking once in wait for your response.

"Oh, well," you messed with your fingers. "We've done everything we needed to do today, right? So, maybe for the rest of the day we could take it easy?" You suggested, hoping the boy would take it and spend his day with you.

Byakuya seemed to think a minute, glancing to the side as he did. He then eventually looked back at you. "I suppose we could, yes," he said, tapping the side of his glasses. "Though if anything comes up suddenly I'd have no choice but to accept the fact I have work. I've never exactly asked you to come with me, you always insist. So in the end, I believe you should relax today."

You blinked a few times before nodding a bit. You smiled softly at him, taking his free hand in yours. "That's the best I can get from you to get you to sit and relax," you ran your thumb over his knuckles, knowing he liked it. "When we get home, I'm sure we can lay down together and read a book?"

Byakuya held your hand, letting you move your thumb over his knuckles. It was very soothing to him, and he felt his stress seem to fade away. He nodded a little towards you, agreeing with your little plan. "That sounds pleasurable," he said calmly. "I'm sure it will be much more enjoyable with some coffee/tea. Would you agree?"

You smiled a little bigger, holding his hand a little tighter. "Good," you said. "And you can't make an excuse to work, either. Unless someone comes to you for work, you're not working."

Byakuya rolled his eyes but nodded. "Alright, fine," he turned to you a little more. "You win."

You did your little victory look, in which the blonde responded with a huff and looking out the fogged window. You knew he found it pleasant to see you cocky and confident. He lived for it, really.