~ Sonia Nevermind x Reader ~

/Title/
I Should Thank You

|Disclaimer|
N/A

• Universe •
Non-Despair AU

\Requested By\
N/A
Gift for @/Himbo™️

"Whatever could you mean?" The princess questioned. "Isn't it best to cook {Y/N} their favorite meal tonight? It is a very special night!" She smiled at the cooks, hoping it would be enough to coax the cooks into making such a delicious meal.

"I'm sorry, your majesty," the head chef spoke. "We don't have the ingredients for their favorite meal. All of the farms have been at a strike at the moment. They refuse to sell to the royal merchants!"

Sonia hummed softly, placing a finger to her chin. She then tilted her head. "I requested the merchants to pay the farmers more for all of their hard work and labor, as well as shipped equipment to their farms," she blinked a few times. "Perhaps they request more?"

The cooks were quiet for a moment. Sonia then resumed her normal position. "They did get their payments, yes?"

"We're not sure," another cook said. "All the merchants said were that they refused service!"

Sonia hummed. She then smiled and nodded. "No worries! {Y/N} and I will go speak with the farmers in person! Surely we can come to an agreement much easier that way!" She then turned on her heel to make her way towards your room. The cooks looked at each other, all slightly confused about her confidence and how unbothered she was.

As Sonia made her way to your bedroom door, all she could do was hum a delightful tune. It was the music she adored, all because it was the song that reminded her of you! Ah, she was head over heels for you.

She knocked on the door, smiling brightly as humming the delightful tune. "{Y/N}!" She sang, stepping back to patiently wait for you. "Would you like to go with me to get some ingredients from the farms? Right after we can go for {F/Dessert}! And perhaps we could do something else if you wanted?"

She lit up even more, feeling her heart flutter as you walked out. You looked up at her and then smiled softly. "Of course, any time with you is enough." You walked out and she happily took your hand.

"Right! This will be an exciting day for the both of us! We will see such exquisite animals! And see such variety of fruits and vegetables! And meet even more amazing people!" Sonia, excited as ever, began to lead you to the front of the castle.

You figured she was a lot more excited than you were, given that the girl was always such an extrovert. But, with her charm and kindness, with a touch of wildness, who could hate the girl? Everyone in the country was very fond of her and liked her, along with other countries. It amazed you sometimes how all these people were lined up to be with her, and she chose you. But, no matter what, she made it so obvious that she loves and cherishes you.

"Right this way, pumpkin!" Sonia giggled and led you down the steps of the castle front. She then lead you towards a car to the side with a butler already waiting. You smiled softly as she let your hand go to curtsy too the man with a smile. "To the Jabberwock Farm, please!"

The butler nodded, opening the door for the two of you. "Yes, your majesty. Right away."

Sonia let you get in first, smiling the entire time. As you sat, she followed and sat next to you. She took your hand again, leaning into you with glee.

"It's such a nice day today," she said. "It's such a perfect day to go out and chat with the local farms! I bet their animals are well fed this season! I hope they have cows and horses- I would love to pet them! Wouldn't you? Or, maybe they have a few dogs or cats?"

You chuckled a little. "I'm sure they do," you spoke. "And as long as you're happy I won't mind at all."

As the car started and began to drive, Sonia looked at you. "Hm? Wouldn't you have fun as well? Perhaps I could do the talking with the farmers, and then you could perhaps see the animals?"

You shook your head, squeezing her hand a little. "It's alright," you said. "We'll have fun together."

• • •

"Ah, I will talk with my merchants immediately when I return home," Sonia told the gathered farmers with a serious look. "I am very disappointed in them. I promise to keep all of you equally updated on your new equipment and extra pay. Don't worry, I'll make sure to let them know I'm hella boss!" She smiled and showed the farmers her 'muscles'.

All of the farmers seemed very nice, and all of you had a great time and good understanding. They all loved Sonia, and they were very welcoming to you as well.

And with that, the princess took your hand again. "Let's go find some good ingredients!" She smiled at you. "Tonight we'll have the best dinner of all! I'm sure we can happily fine knowing the people are just as happy tonight!"

She giggled and lead you towards the small market at the end of the trail. Seeing her so happy, especially so happy just because of you being there, how could you not feel so pleased? She was just so kind, so gentle, what could be better?

Leading you through the market, she showed you all of the ingredients. "Doesn't this look good, honey? I'm sure it would be perfect! Oh, and how about this?" From one ingredient to the other, she let you pick the best. She was so patient with you, and so excited with every add in you made.

With the basket full of good food, Sonia intertwined her fingers with yours. "Wouldn't you say this is enough for dinner tonight? The cooks can come and select the other meal choices tomorrow," she looked at you with a soft smile. "I'm sure you'd love to pick some {F/D} up for dessert tonight as well."

You smiled softly and nodded. "It sounds great, Sonia," you smiled at her. "Thank you for this. For taking me."

Sonia giggled. "There's no need to thank me," she said as she led you towards the car again. "I'd take you every day if you wanted! No trouble at all!"

You opened the door for Sonia. She smiled brightly at your generous gesture, climbing in to sit. You followed after her, and she carefully leaned into you with the basket in her lap. She hummed with content and scooted close, closing her eyes.

"Still," you said calmly. "I think I should thank you."

You leaned into her next, closing your own eyes. The princess held onto your arm and hummed softly. "Then I should thank you too," she said softly. "For going with me."

You chuckled and kissed her head. "No need to thank me," you smiled. "You're just too cute to say no to."

"Is that so?" Sonia giggled. "Then the same goes for you! You're adorable!" She pecked your cheek and held you close to her.

That dinner was the best you've ever had. Was it because you chose the ingredients? Was it because you chose them from the best farm? Or was it because Sonia made the meal herself with a special ingredient?

Love.

•~•~•~•

Word Count:
1250

Artist Credit:
Devi-chans-Art on DeviantArt

Music Credit:
N/A

Written On:
July 10th, 2021

Published On:
July 10th, 2021