May

3 years later (Dabi is 24 and Shigaraki is 26 now)

3rd Person POV
At this time of day, small bits of heroes were on patrol. Since it was so late in the afternoon, the areas had been left in the hands of the trustworthy cops! If anything got too much for them to handle, then they'd call for heroes.

People walked in small groups or indiviually; parents with children, kids running around, couples wandering and window-shopping. It seemed like today would peaceful. Well...not for long.

*BOOM!!!*

Nearby citizens whipped around to watch as smoke coiled up from a building. Flames sprouted and reached for the skies, followed by another explosion. The people began to scream and scurry away, swiping up smaller children as they did. Police officers aimed their guns as a figure began to walk towards them, the smoke blacking out any color they had.

"Put your hands up, Villain!" one screamed at them.

"Villain?" they repeated with a chuckle, "I think you should rephrase that sentence."

In the blink of an eye, the villain was behind the cop who had spoken. The cop stiffened and shifted his eyes behind him, hoping to meet eyes with his attacker.

"I think you mean, you're future." the villain whispered.

The cop screamed out as blue flames sprouted all over his body. His teammates watched in horror as the villain looked up at them and smirked.

"P-Pros! W-We need Pros right now! Hurry up!" one of them, female, shouted into their walkie talkie.

The villain smirked. He charged at her, burning her alive in one touch. She didn't have time to react before she vanished into a pile of ash before her teammate. Horrified, they screamed and ran away, helping people evacuate as quick as they could. The villain smirked and rested his hand on his hip. That's right, he thought Run away you quirkless cowards. Run and hide behind those who have the AUDACITY to protect you!

The male turned and watched the flames he started take over the town. Quickly, they spread from one building to the next, tree after tree. No hero would have the balls to stop this fire. He smirked at his masterpiece and turned to leave. But someone stopped him.

"You're surrounded." a calm voice sneered at him.

"Am I?" the villain mocked.

A student walked through the flames. The villains eyes widened in shock. Shoto?

"It'd be best if you don't put up any sort of fight and just come with us, Dabi." Todoroki said coldly.

"Like hell!" Dabi cackled.

Without thinking out any sort of plan, Dabi threw a string of fire towards the UA student. Todoroki countered with his own fire and leapt backwards. He glared at the scarred villain. The sound of static echoed from a hidden off area. Dabi turned his head and watched as another student came barrelling towards him.

"SMAAASSSSSHHHHHH!!!"

Quickly, Dabi ducked. Deku flew right over him and slammed right into Bakugou, who was also doing a surprise attack. The two boys yelped as they both collided into a building. Dabi turned to Todoroki, who stared at the building in disbelief.

"So," Dabi brushed his shoulders and hands off, "Want to try that statement again, Shoto Todoroki?"

Todoroki turned to him. His face looked serious, but his eyes showed how confused he was. Dabi smirked and charged at him with fire. As in instinct, Todoroki summoned a wall of ice to block himself. The villain hopped on top of it and began to melt it easily. The UA student growled fiercly and sent flames hurtling towards Dabi, who countered them with his own. When the fire disspersed, Dabi realized that Todoroki wasn't there anymore.

He looked around and saw him running over to his so called "friends." Angrily, Dabi leapt off the ice and tackled Todoroki, pinning him to the ground. Todoroki coughed and grit his teeth at the male on top of him.

"You heroes really do underestimate us villains, don't you!" Dabi laughed.

Todoroki snarled. He lifted his legs up and hit Dabi in the stomach, sending him flying. When he landed, the student slammed his icy hand onto the ground and ice tore towards him. Before the villain could even react, he was eaten alive by ice. Todoroki stalked towards him like a lion to his prey.

"There's a lot of shit you don't know about heroes, Dabi." Todoroki grabbed his face, "But damn do you know a thing about scars!"

Dabi opened his mouth to speak, but the burning feeling of fire quickly shut him up. Silent screams escaped the villains mouth as more scars were added to his already destroyed face. It only took Todoroki two minutes to realize what he was doing and retreat his hand back. The student shook his head, backed away, and ran off to where his friends were laying.

Dabi watched. Out of eveything in the world, he thought this would be the last thing that would happen to him. As he fell out on consciousness, he thought he heard someone famaliar shouting at him.

Someone he had once known.

Shigaraki's POV
"Why the hell did WE get sent of grocery duty?" Toga whined behind me.

I glared over my shoulder at her. Her soft blonde hair was drapped over her shoulders and trailed halfway down her back. I only assumed she wore it like that to hide who she was. She also had soft, dark blue eye contacts in. I only had my hair somewhat pulled back and a black mask over my mouth to match my all black outfit.

"You mean why did you drag yourself to come with me?" I snapped, looking ahead again.

"Whatever you say, Crusty-McCrust-Face!"

I tensed up. Three fucking years and no one had the balls to call me that. Not since he left.

I whipped around and Toga slammed her hand over her mouth, "Sorry! That just slipped out!"

"It's...fine." I sighed.

Turning back around, we contiued on to the store.

(After picking up the groceries)

I slipped on my gloves and took a few bags from Toga. As we walked, I noticed Toga looking around at the buildings and sky a lot. I figured it was probably because we've been hiding in the base for about 4 months straight by now. But, that wasn't the cause.

"Hey, does the sky look different to you?" she asked me.

"Like I'd care about the...sky?"

I looked up. It sort of had a smoky black look to it, like when it was about to rain super hard. Thing was, no weather forecast called for any sort of rain at all this week! My eyes wandered around and noticed heavy clouds of smoke hurtling from a buildings in the distance. I muttered something under my breath and dropped the groceries in my arms. Toga did the same and watched as they disappeared into one of Kurogiri's portals.

"So where are we going?" Toga questioned.

"To check that out." I pointed to the sky.

My blonde teammate glanced up at the sky and nodded. Together, we headed towards the smoke.

When we arrived, cops and heroes were everywhere. Ambulances and cop cars lined up the streets, proventing parents and paparazzi from going any further. Doctors were checking up on one vaguely familiar kid while two others heaved a spiky blonde haired one onto one of their transportable medical beds. The green haired kid that inheiriteted All Mights quirk was standing beside the red and white haired one, asking the doctor way too many questions.

Finally, my eyes caught the cops approaching the villain who had started this fight. My eyes widened as they walked over to him, cuffs and tasers in hand. I opened my mouth and shouted something, but Toga slammed her hand over it and yanked my into an alleyway. My chest rose and fell quickly as I squeezed my eyes shut. There's no way that was him! I thought as Toga laid her head against mine.

Dabi is...alive?