iv

The party started before the boy arrived.

Luke looked side to side trying to find his friends. He was forced to come by them, so he was going to pass the hole party at their side complaining. Of course, his friends objects was to cheer him up. That was quite impossible. 3 weeks have passed since Grace shown her face in his classroom and they never spoke, actually, she didn't even said hello to him. His friends said that girls would be always girls and that they don't give a shit to that kind of simple things as a hello.

He searched everywhere, but didn't find a living soul that knew him. So he just sat in the sofa that was near the dancing area. Someone offered him drinks and he accepted with a smile on his face. He just wanted to forget his sadness, even if for a night.

The hours passed and Luke drank all he could. He was now happy, he didn't know why he shouldn't be. He danced, laugh, made new friends and his eyes were with a blink like when he first met Grace. Grace, where she was now? He looked side to side. Remembered that he wanted to be by her side. And then his happiness was blown away from him. He sat back in the sofa and cried silently. The tears only falling from his eyes. He missed her, he missed even the worts parts of her, like the one which break his heart entirely and with no way of reappearing.

The party continued and no one cared about the boy sitting in the sofa. Until the door was opened again by a girl. Grace finally appeared in her house thinking what a mess her friends did. She was quite angry, nobody told her about that little party. She just wanted to sleep and forget all her problems. She was already leading herself to the next floor and she saw him crying. At first she got scared. Was he there to make she more guilty then she was feeling? All she wanted to do was jump into his arms and kiss him widely since the day she admitted to herself that she liked him. She couldn't. If she did that or even tell someone that she wanted to do that, they would say that girls can't that. Girls can't really fall in love, boys that can feel intensively things. Girls just have to have sex and leave, or stay for just a little while. Girls are all the same. Girls are mean. And loving a boy is quite impossible for a heartbreaker like the kind of girl Grace was.

Ignoring completely her thoughts, her feet moved to him, like it was some kind of magnetism. He didn't notice her getting beside him and when she touched his shoulders Luke pretended that didn't felt. The boy wanted to stay alone in his suffering and had no idea that the one that could cure him, was by his side. The girl didn't gave up until he looked at her, until she could stare at his eyes directly. And, it didn't take long. Luke looked to the one who was trying to comfort him and had a surprise. Grace stared at him, her eyes were sad and she decided that they needed to talk in that moment. So, her hand made the way to his hand and grabbed it. He couldn't be more surprised and that made Luke so happy that he could his tears could be of happiness. They were holding hands.

Grace got up and took Luke upstairs, without anyone known seeing. Even if she liked that boy, she couldn't risk being seen with him, and she felt shame of herself for thinking like that.