ix

The girl walk up the hallway 'til finding Luke's best friend, Calum Hood.

Grace never talked to him, but once saw him with Luke when they were still together. Her nerves were almost exploding, for the first time she was ashamed to talk to a boy. But she needed to know what happened to Luke. He missed all his classes since the day he slept on her house and they finally talked to each other and let things clear. Grace was preoccupied something big had happened because of the conversation they had and she would like to talk to him again to fix things.

Calum was concentrated looking to his notebook, probably, trying to find something. Grace just touched him sweetly and he resisted to look at her, but after some seconds he looked to her.

"What do you want, miss heartbreaker?" He said coldly, like it was him Grace hurt.

"Erh..." For the first time in a long period, Grace didn't know what to say. She was too afraid of telling she wanted to know what happened to Luke. She was too afraid of showing her feelings.

"I don't have time the wast with you, go on, say what you came here for." He insisted firmly and don't even trying to hide his bed mood.

Grace stayed quite for a minute and when Calum insinuated he would leave, she finally spoke.

"I want to talk to Luke" she almost whispered.

"Well, he doesn't want to talk to you."

That hurt Grace's feelings. It was like Calum stabbed a knife in her heart.

"Please, Calum. I think I love him." With tears in her eyes, she admitted. Luke Hemmings stoled her heart, the first boy who could do such a thing.

He widen his eyes and tried to talk, but no words came. In front of Calum, the coldest girl from school said she had feelings and in that moment, he knew Grace wasn't lying. But then, he remembered how that same girl left his friend broken in peaces.

"Please." Grace was almost crying in front of a boy and she would never forgive herself for that. However, she couldn't control her feelings. All she wanted was to talk to Luke, see if he was okay, see if they could start all over.

Calum thought for some seconds and took his decision.

"Okay, he is asking for his transfer in the secretary." he said quickly and, even if he didn't admit, with a bit of guilt.

"Thank you so much!" Grace almost cried and jumped in Calum's arms. Since he was still holding his notebook, the thing fell, but that didn't broke that strange hug.

The boy was daydreaming when Jules, the secretariat, told him that his transfer would happen at the end of that semester, which would happen a few weeks later. He whispered a thank you and while leaving the building he once dreamed studying in, Luke heard his name.

"Luke, wait" Grace shouted with a bit of despair in her words.

He turned to Grace's direction and sadness invaded his body. She was standing there so perfectly and with emotions in her face. He knew that if he talked to her he would quit going to UCLA, but he had to. He had to forget the girl who broke his entire heart and nothing could be better than putting some distance in-between them.

"Sorry, I can't Grace." he said and walked away quickly.

His plan of running would be successful if the girl wasn't a good runner. Within some seconds she stopped Luke when he was going to open the door to exit the college.

"Let's talk for a minute." she almost begged and when he said nothing she completed with teats in her eyes "Please, don't leave me."

"You didn't thought twice when you left me." He said, but he was not angry. Luke was just stating a fact and that made Grace stay in silence.

"We need time, Grace. Only time can fix us."

And these were the last words the boy said to the girl, before going away.