x

10 years later

The boy was walking with his girlfriend at Central Park. He passed long years at California and decided to visit his family and friends before his trip with Alexis to Europe. In that day he would met Calum, his best friend from school. They weren't talking too much since he left. In reality, Calum wasn't talking much. Some months later Luke went to UCLA, the friend suddenly stopped chatting with him as frequently as the beginning.

Luke and Alexis were holding hands when he almost stopped breathing. Like she was in some kind of limelight, standing in front of him, Grace appeared. Grace appeared pregnant. Probably with seven months already seeing the size of her exposed belly. And, god damn, thought Luke, she was even beautifier.

Grace saw him too and smiled. The most bright smile of all as he remembered. Luke asked Alexis to get an ice cream for them and at the same time Grace came in his direction.

"Hello" she said while smiling.

"Hi" Luke replied and smiled to her too.

"I can't believe we met here again" she said and laugh a little, trying to break the silence and make the conversation more light.

"Yes, you remember when you go talk to me?" he asked, "I was really nervous at the time"

"I know, I'll never forget that day" she said and took the talk to another subject "How you doing? See that you are with a friend, or should I say girlfriend?"

"Yes, yes. Her name's Alexis, we met in college. But it's you who have surprises" he said and she laugh.

"There're twins in here," she said caressing her big belly "can you believe it?"

"In fact, I can" both of them smiled widely to each other. "And, who is the father?"

"Soon you will discover," Grace said and changed the subject once more. "but, let's sit on a table. My fiance is bringing me chocolate soon and we three need to talk."

"We three?" Luke asked, surprised. He didn't expected that.

"Yes, we three, Luke" Calum appeared from nowhere and huged Grace from behind. The girl kissed sweetly another boy in front of Luke. Worst, the girl kissed his best friend in front of him. And, he was again surprised and even if he would never admit, a little broken.

"So, you two are going to marriage?" Luke asked, still surprised.

"Yes" both Grace and Calum answered together and smiled to each other.

"Oh, congratulations." The boy said.

"And we need to tell you that, well, when you left NY, we approach and became friends. Then, one day we fell in love and we need to be sure if you are ok with that." Calum said a little fast, because of his anxiety. Luke, after all was his best friend.

"Of course I'm okay with you two being in love" Luke lied and smiled to the couple. That moment, in his opinion, was worst than when Grace told him from the bet. "I totally support you too and hope that you are happy together."

"And I'm happy that you're happy for us." Grace looked into his eyes and then to Calum's. "Love, I need to talk with Luke alone now"

"Okay, sweet." Calum said and kissed Grace quickly. He then stand up and found Alexis coming to their way. So, he started to talk to her so his fiancé could talk to her ex-boyfriend.

"Luke, I'm really sorry for what happened in the past and I'm giving you my sincere apologies." Grace once again looked into his eyes and, like always all his air gone away. He could see emotion in her too, maybe she missed him too. But, now she would marry with his best friend and he would have to deal with it.

"I've already forgave you Grace, actually, long time ago."

And then they looked to each other and saw that things could be different. They could be together if they didn't made so many mistakes. Their love wasn't dead.

Grace breathed out and looked away, like she was trying not to let tears fall. The feelings she fought so intensely in the past, now could be expressed freely. She then smiled, a sad smile, and said.

"It was nice seeing you, Luke. Hope you'll be happy."

"You too."

They got up and said goodbye, maybe forever or maybe not.