CHAPTER EIGHT

"BUT I STILL WANT YOU

"BUT I STILL WANT YOU."

FEBRUARY 14, 2014 — 8:05 AM

Today was Valentine's Day. Beomgyu and I have been getting along well—but he still struggled with his jealousy problems. He promised me he'd control himself better—but I doubted that just as well as I doubted my notoriety as I dated him. To be surprised, I was more well known for being friends with Yeonjun than I was dating Beomgyu. It felt a little weird.

However, I made Beomgyu a gift! It was a cute bracelet, one with his name on it with the spare beads I bought from the store near my house. My mom was a bit happy seeing me happy—considering that the past days were hell over all the times Beomgyu decided to yell at me. Anywho, I'm already inside the school, trying to find Beomgyu.

As soon as I saw Soobin and Yeonjun—I already concluded that Beomgyu and Taehyun are there too. As soon as I'm about to say something, Beomgyu exited the classroom, going to his locker. I hid behind the crowd, wanting to surprise him. 

Soon enough—my heart fell to the floor as soon as he opened his locker, love notes piling out of his locker and to the floor. I gulped as Soobin's, Taehyun's, and Yeonjun's were all the same—but they didn't matter. Beomgyu's was the only one that did—and it seemed like my cheap bracelet wouldn't do him shit.

Another girl went up to him—and while I couldn't hear the conversation, she handed him a bracelet—one more expensive, prettier than mine. So, I just shoved the bracelet in my coat pocket, the letter as well. Happy one month to us, I guess.

I backtracked, retracting from the previous location as I swung down the stairs. Bumping into someone in the process, we both fell back from one another, broken cookies fallen to the floor as I gasped. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry—Oh, Sanha?"

He blinked, pushing up his glasses as he stiffly smiled. "Haha, hi, Yihwa!" He greeted, awkwardly scratching his head. "Don't worry about the cookies, they were for you anyways... They tasted bad too, so many let's just clean this up and—"

"They were for me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "What for?"

"Uh..." He trailed off, gulping. "I really just wanted to repay you for your kindness these days—so I made you cookies and wrote you a thank-you note." Passing me the letter, I wasn't stupid—he was going to give me something for Valentine's day. That's so kind, but I shouldn't let Beomgyu know about this... he'll freak.