CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"I GUESS YOU REALLY LOVED ME

"I GUESS YOU REALLY LOVED ME."

APRIL 3, 2015 — 21:00 PM

"Okay, she should be working now!" The man said, flicking the spark wheel before the dancing flame makes her appearance, soon blown back into the plastic tank. "There you go, love. You should've just bought a new one, but I see you have some kind of attachment to it. Sorry, it took so long."

I nodded, smiling at the salesman. "No problem, thank you for fixing it!" The salesman simply nodded, the air full of cigar smoke. Leaving soon after, I took out my umbrella from the small basket. They are truly right with that one saying—April showers bring May flowers. A car pulled up not far from the curb, my eyes wincing as the bright light hurt my eyes.

The car suddenly turned off its front lights, my eyes widening as the window is sent down. There Yeonjun is, in all his mighty glory, being the knight in shining armor as per usual. I went up to his car, the umbrella covering the window from all the rain. "Why are you here?" I asked, putting the yellow lighter in my bag. "Don't you have night classes or something at university?"

"No, not today," Yeonjun shook his head and his hands, beckoning to the passenger seat. "Get in, I'll drive you home."

"Answer my first question—why are you here?" I inquired, tilting my head.

"I was just passing by when I saw you coming here to fix your lighter, that's all," He bit his nail, looking at them before meeting my eyes again. "Now get in, I don't want you to be drenched in rain." I certainly take up on his offer, closing my umbrella and shaking it off before placing it at the back of his convertible. Sliding into the passenger's seat, his hand wrapped around the headrest as he looked behind us—and we were driving soon after.

"So, have you talked to Taehyun since... you know..."

I chuckled, crossing my arms. "I have. We're still friends, we still talk."

"I know... but like, in-depth?" Yeonjun chuckled as well, switching lanes as he glanced over to the mirror. "He tells me he kind of misses talking to you, you know?"