Chapter 7- An Intergalactic Search

The curse placed on Estella caused for planetary commotion. Everyone was avoiding her at all cost as buildings she was in were collapsing, the beach she was at experienced a tsunami, cats were acting strange around her. And it's only been two days.

            News that the prime minister of Gigar was a Wiccan spread throughout the Ohörg galaxy. He was the first openly Wiccan political figure in the entire universe, but his constituents called for a revote. They were not happy with a Wiccan leading them, but they could do nothing, as he had seven years left on his term.

            The only way Ashton Carson was leaving office would be resignation, impeachment or death. Most people didn't care how it happened, but they wanted his wicked ways and wicked ancestry out of the circle office.

            Resignation was out of the question for him. He intended to serve the remaining seven years of his third campaign. Carson stood to lose nothing, but he would be marked by billions of people and aliens alike. He already had a target on his back by the Triwizards, the gang started by Garfnard's great uncle Quintilian Garfnard.

            Prime Minister Carson would have to be careful if he wished to stay alive. He couldn't anger more people. Garfnard's men left him to die in an abandoned warehouse, and the extremist who didn't see in his favor could make further attempts at his life, but PM Carson was happy about where he stood.

            Impeachment seemed like the most likely option to ridding the circle office of Wiccan leadership, but the house of impeachment was slanted heavily in the long-standing leader's favor. They would need seven eighths vote to cast him from the office. And conservatives aligning with Carson occupied sixty-one of the eighty seats.

            Death would be the way to ensure his exit, but who would be able to get close enough to the prime minister after lax security protocol nearly got him killed? The security of the important members of society would be totally revamped. And Estella's deal to send military aid to Gigar would protect the very man who cursed her. Irony was not lost on the situation.

            Estella had acted out of vengeance before. But this time she had to be tactful, she didn't want Carson to curse more people. But she would have to find a more powerful Wiccan to undo the curse, and she could only think of one: Flarb McZack.

            The only problem with Flarb being one of the most powerful Wiccans in the universe is that he didn't live in the Ohörg galaxy, and he wouldn't come cheap. Flarb was the celebrity Wiccan.

While he wasn't starring in movies, he would be de-cursing rich people and aliens alike. Flarb lived in the Stzock galaxy, and it takes years to travel there even for the fastest of ships not using warp speed, and warp speed was incredibly dangerous, as there were more than a few things that could go horribly wrong if miscalculated.

            Estella had to make the voyage, though. And Gia and Sateron insisted on going. Estella tried to argue with Sateron to stay and watch Princess Adelaide grow. Adriana said she'd charge them a fair rate to watch Adelaide for three years, but it was ten years' wages for Sateron to pay for three years of childcare.

Estella had a better idea. Princess Adelaide would go to boarding school. She was too young to register, but the nuns could watch over her while she was still in diapers, and it would be much cheaper for Sateron. He agreed to the plan and sent his child to Rofeldamay, with Estella being certain her child would have magical powers.

            The ship was stocked with enough supplies to last them for at least a year, but they would have to make pit stops along the way to planet Zxjek. Planet Z, as most people knew it, was only a year and a half travel time.