Chapter 24- A Planet Called Zorb

Quickly earning the trust of one of the most influential gangsters to ever live, Viche elected to harvest slaves from the planet of Zorb, which also neighbored the Ohörg galaxy in the Cribula galaxy. His selection was strategic, of course.

The species most prevalent on Zorb were peeks, which were the most durable form of humanoid in any of the close, in proximity, galaxies. The voyage would only take a few months, and it could be very fruitful for Garfnard.

            Having used warp speed to travel half the distance, Viche and crew were already ready to land on the underdeveloped land. They readied their nuclear blasters to destroy any that resisted.

            The population of Zorb was small, only a few hundred thousand, but Viche only had room for a few thousand to become slaves. With an emphasis on slaves to replace the mining slaves that were liberated, Viche would tell his men to capture only male peeks.

            With the peek people not being very advanced, it was an absolute slaughter. Men were killed in excess. Women were raped to harvest human children, and children were sacrificed to the god of sacrifice.

            Viche didn't allow for enough time for the peek people to mount a rebellion. Within a few hours of landing on the planet, he had captured three thousand slaves, one thousand more than the ship could hold viably, to be shoved into the bay. He had impregnated dozens of women. And he had killed thousands of peek men.

            Viche laughed as he got back into the passenger craft. His cruelty called for Garfnard to recognize him as a potential successor to the position. Garfnard was so impressed with him that he allowed him to take the transporter flux craft on the next journey to quickly replace the hundreds of thousands of slaves he lost because of Kingsley Koman.

            Garfnard boasted about Viche to his second in charge, who he didn't really like. But he had him in place simply because he was a powerful politician on Frithe.

Garfnard wanted to make Viche his second in charge with the way he was constantly increasing revenue, which would grow the gang to even greater heights. With the thought of a successor coming to mind, Garfnard knew his days were limited, and he needed to make sure his legacy would hold firm, and the Triwizards would remain atop the lists of most impactful gangs.

            Over the coming hours, the second in charge, Prime Minister Gerkan Trideta of planet Frithe, was demoted to a lower rank in the Triwizards to free a space for Viche to become the second in charge in the gang. With innovation that the Triwizards have lacked for dozens of years, Viche offered a fresh perspective to the ways they could be making more money and expanding their brand.

Few gangs in the universe were comparable to the Triwizards, and Viche would like to see them to even greater heights to become the gang with the most influence on the planet. But Viche's thinking was much smaller than Garfnard had planned.

            Armed with a plethora of ideas, Viche introduced many of them to Garfnard, who eagerly heard him out. "I can't believe you were ever removed from the gang," Garfnard paused in reflection.

            "It was my fault," Viche admitted, "I accept that."

            "I have heard of worse treason than skimming off ounces of drugs," Garfnard proposed.

            "It was more than that," Viche admitted to his wrongdoing.

            "What did you do?" Garfnard curiously asked, not knowing everything that went on in the lower ranks of his gang.

            "I stole profits from the gang. I deserved to be killed, but a man you no longer have in your ranks was my superior, and he only took my shooting finger. I've learned to shoot left handed, but he could have done so much worse. He burnt off my tattoo, too, which I still haven't replaced somewhere else on my body. That was the part that destroyed me the most. I spent seven years hiding from the gang to determine how I could make amends, and the opportunity fell into my lap," Viche shared.