|| Pacifying the Wife ||

He had promised to come home early. They had a dinner plan. And here she was sitting for almost an hour waiting for him. No call, no message from him wasn't helping her. She was sitting in the living room, fully dressed and equally clueless. She knew that Shivaay was very busy these days. Work was all that occupied his mind. So, she was pleasantly surprised when he asked her if they could go out for a dinner date today. She had instantly agreed and had come home from work early and got dressed in his favorite one-piece gown. And he was nowhere on the scene. She, for the last time, tried calling him only to hear, The phone number you are trying to reach is out of reach. She was now at the end of her patience. Just then, her phone rang. The screen showed Shivaay. Angrily, she picked up the phone only to hear from the other side, " Sorry Anni, I will explain everything to you. Come out quickly. I am waiting in the car. Please come.  Dinner is waiting. Come fast. "
Without giving a response to him, she cut the call and made her way out. She had fully decided to give him back. She came out and saw him in his car and went towards it. She opened the door of the passenger seat and sat and closed it more harshly than usual. One look at her face and Shivaay took no time to guess that she was in her Jungli Billi mode. So as not to set her off, he quickly started the car. Shivaay knew that he had to pacify her quickly, otherwise he was going to be a target of Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi's anger. And he was certain that it would not be a good idea. So he tried to initiate a talk with her.
"Anni, I know I was late. I am sorry na. Please forgive me. I should have called you or even messaged but.....

" ..... but you murdered your phone, hai na?". Annika completed his sentence before he could and turned away her head towards the window ignoring him.

He smiled sheepishly and nodded his head. But he had failed in pacifying her and he wasn't going to give up so easily.  He tried to steer the conversation some other way, "Anni, tell me how was your day? What happened at work? I am all ears. "

She heard him but chose to ignore him again. She didn't want to answer him and feed his ego that he can win her over at any point. She was no less than him and she will give it back. And she had the most powerful weapon with her that would render him powerless. Her silence.
And she was using it very effectively against him.

Shivaay saw that she wasn't going to speak to him and he was the wrong one. He knew he deserves it but she was now going overboard. He was continuously trying to make her talk and here she was ignoring him royally. He was getting irritated now but it was her. He had to keep his anger and frustration in check. So he finally cleared his throat and said, "Baby, I know you don't want to talk to me but just to tell you we have reached. Come on, your dinner is waiting. "

She looked up to see a beautiful decoration and everything that she liked. She looked towards him and saw him smirking. He knew that she had liked it. He forwarded his hand to her and only then did she properly look at him. He was looking ravishing. The black and white three-piece suit with a tie was making him a sight to behold. She blushed without her knowledge. He smiled more and led her to the table. He made her sit and served her food. Annika was reminded of the fact that she was angry with him. She turned her face away from him, though blushing. He sensed his opportunity and spoke, "Anni, I know you are blushing. My sweet blushika. I am very sorry. I got very late. One employee in the office messed up an important presentation. We have a meeting tomorrow with European clients and it took almost a month to prepare and finalize the presentation. He messed up at the last minute and that is why my phone got murdered. I and Mishra were rectifying the presentation for almost 3 hours. I know that I disappointed you but please forgive me, na."

"Firstly, I am not blushing. And secondly, I knew you would be busy at work. And I also knew that when you didn't call or message that you must have sacrificed your phone. But I am not angry with you for that. I am angry because you don't manage your personal and professional life. You have been working late for so many days. And this dinner date was your plan, not mine. I left my work and came home early. Then I was waiting for almost an eternity till you called. I was also busy, but you don't care. "

"I do care Anni. I also do realize that I disappointed you big time. I know it was unintentional but you were hurt and it hurts me too. I will try my best to not do this again. Please, at least look at me."

"Shivaay, we must not talk about this right now. Concentrate on your food. We will talk about this later. "

Shivaay understood the hint and concentrated on his food. But, he decided in his mind that, he would gain her forgiveness, that to today itself. So after dinner was done, he asked for her hand for dance and whispered, "Please". She gave her hand to him and now they were slowly moving to the romantic music playing in the background.

He inched closer to her and whispered in her ear, " I have something for you. Close your eyes. "

She closed her eyes and opened them when he told her to do so. She was astonished to see him on his knees and a rose in his hand.

"Anni, I am not perfect. No one is. I also have faults. And I am not ashamed to accept it only because of you. Before marriage, I was just an egoistic, stone-hearted man. You are the one who taught this heart to beat. You taught me to give importance to myself. Anni, you know I haven't lost a deal ever since I joined the business but trust me if one day I lose one I won't be sad to that extent when you are disappointed with me. I can't bear that Annika. I truly accept my mistake. I promise and assure you that it won't be repeated. I will give time to you as much as you deserve. Work won't be discussed when I come back home to you. But please, don't be sad. Don't look at me the way you did some time back. I can't see your tears and that look on your face. Now please, smile at me. I will live up to my words. I assure you. "

"Pinky Promise? ", Annika asked forwarding her pinky finger to him, smiling faintly.

" Pinky Promise". He too entwined his fingers with hers and took her in a bone-crushing hug. Amidst the hug, he said, " You are blushing Anni. I know you are"

"I am not"

"Yes, you are"

"Okay, okay. I know you won't admit it. So I ask you, can we please continue our dance? "

"Yes please"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys, it's my first attempt at writing a one shot. Please tell me how it was. I intend to write more. Please vote and comment and also give me your ideas. I would love to hear them. It encourages me.
Till then, Keep reading.
Until next time.