|| Fever- ii ||

Dedicated to Shivikabest

Shivaay was working late in his office and it was finally at 11:30 that he finished with all of his work. He slouched back in his chair and relaxed a bit. He got up in a few minutes and since it was late, he had sent Khanna home and insisted that he would drive home himself. He went towards his car and started driving when in the middle of the road, the car started making some noises. Shivaay got down to check what the matter was and opened the bonnet for the same. As his bad luck would have it, it started raining and before he knew it he was drenched head to toe. He also saw that there was just a minor problem in the engine. He fixed the problem and immediately started for home. He knew his weak immunity and if he didn't get changed fast, he was very likely to develop fever and cold. He soon reached home and without wasting any time headed straight to his room. It was dark when he entered indicating that his wife and daughter were asleep. He went to the table to keep his phone and wallet when he saw the light being switched on. He looked behind to see both his girls glaring at him with their hands on their hips. He also stared back at them with equal facial expressions. Finally after some moments, he broke the silence.

"What? Do I look like an alien to you. And stop glaring at me. "

Anayka came towards him and indicated him to look down. He did as she told him to and saw that there was water spread that was dripping from his clothes. He looked at both of them sheepishly and gulped down seeing his wife coming towards him angrily. Beside him, he saw his daughter chuckle tugging at his arm. Annika came towards him with folded hands.

"Mr.Shivaay Singh Oberoi, what is all this? You are drenched from head to toe and on the top of it have also wet the floor. Now immediately before I murder you in cold blood for ruining my favorite carpet,go and change."

"Aye Aye madam. But juts a question before I go. You are worried about your carpet and not about your dear husband! After working tirelessly hard the whole day in office, he comes home drenched and all you care is your carpet. Not very expected from you dear wifey. ". Shivaay attempted to tease his wife. But she was also Annika. The one to never bow down.

" SHIVAAY. GO. RIGHT NOW. "

And Shivaay without any word ran into the bathroom. He came out 15 minutes later after a nice hot shower to see his daughter and wife already sitting on the bed waiting for him to come. Seeing him come, Annika got up went to fetch his medicines. Meanwhile, Shivaay went and sat on the bed waiting for her. Anayka went and settled herself on his lap and began narrating the day's happenings to him. Shivaay was feeling very tired and exhausted but he didn't want to make Anayka feel that he wasn't giving her time. Already work had become demanding in the past month and he couldn't give his family as much time as he should. By that time, he saw Annika come in with a glass of water and some tablets in her hand. She beckoned Anayka to move aside so that she could give him medicines. But, Shivaay motioned her to let Anayka be.

"Let it be Anni. Let her sleep as she does everyday. It's okay. I am fine. I don't want any medicines. They are very bitter and I am not feeling feverish. Anyways, I am really tired. Niku, you sleep as you do okay. Hugging me. Okay, don't listen to mumma okay."

Anayka chuckled on listening to her father. She also loved teasing her mumma and snuggled closer to him. Annika looked at the father daughter duo and rolled her eyes.

"Papa, beti, now sleep okay. Patidev, you have an important meeting tomorrow. So sleep.", Annika said with a sarcasm laden voice.

Shivaay smiled at her and soon shifted into a deep slumber.

The next morning was as busy as it would be in the Oberoi household. Annika was running behind her daughter getting her daughter ready for school. It was already 7 and her husband was still asleep in bed. Annika also didn't wake him up and called Om.