|| Mother's love ||

The story stars when the truth of Pinky blackmailing Annika and calling him illegitimate comes out. I honestly didn't like the way Shivaay and Pinky's relationship was handled and would have loved an emotional confrontation between Shivaay and Pinky after the revelation. So, that is what I have tried doing here.

Annika rushed after Shivaay as he stormed out of the house. The past few hours had been everything but peaceful for him. And the last one hour was just tumultuous. Coming to know the reason of her leaving him, his brothers' and badi ma's involvement and then the shock which she feared was too big for his already weak heart. No son can bear his own mother calling him illegitimate just to get rid of his lawfully wedded wife for her own selfish gains.

"Shivaay, please wait" She screamed after him as she saw him sit in the car and speed away.

"Bhabhi" Om and Rudra held her from the sides as she stumbled.

"Om, I need to be with him. He is too mentally disturbed. Please, find out where he is" She pleaded.

"Bhabhi, sambhaliye apne aap ko. We will find out where bhaiya has gone" Rudra assured her.

After almost half an hour, a tired Rudra entered the hall where Annika was waiting impatiently.

"Bhabhi, I have sent you the location. Bhaiya ka pata chal gaya hai. Come, I will take you"

"No Rudra, mein akele jaungi. I will take Khanna but he also will leave once I reach Shivaay. Please, try to understand" She reasoned and dashed out followed promptly by Khanna.

As the car screeched to a halt, Annika came out and silently asked Khanna to go. Khanna nodded and left.

Annika looked around and observed the surroundings. It was a children's park that was currently deserted. She then saw the silhouette of a man sitting on a bench.

Annika took slow steps towards him and gently sat beside him. Shivaay didn't look at her but was still just aimlessly looking at swings.

"Shivaay" She softly said in order to gain his attention. But, he didn't respond.

"I am sorry" She again said in the same tone.

"I can't reduce your pain, but I am here for you" She said assuringly while taking her hand forward to reach his.

And that is when she heard his slow voice, that would have been inaudible if not for the eerie silence of the night.

"Annika, woh jhule dekh rahi ho" She nodded and he continued, "I never sat on those"

She looked at him with an expression of surprise.

"Kabhi nahi?"

"No, I used to come here with Omru and Prinku. Dadi used to bring us here sometimes. They always used to enjoy. Whereas I was the one who pushed the swing. Mere liye swing push karne waala koi nahi tha. I used to feel sad"

Annika gently rubbed her thumb over his hand. "Why?"

"Because all around me, many mothers used to come to play with their children and jab mein unko apne baccho ke saath khelte dekhta tha toh it used to prick my heart"

Annika's heart also pained hearing the raw pain in his voice.

"Om, Rudra and Prinku were close to badi ma to an extent. They knew that she loved them but mom never made me feel that way" Annika finally looked at him and saw his eyes change color.

"I know you must be thinking ki aaj achanak mein yaha kaise, hain na?" He finally tilted his head to look at her with a faint smile on his face to hide away his pain. Annika just nodded and then kept her head on his shoulder.