Chapter 10 "Faster"

We ran down the halls towards the dorm rooms. I got the girls ready and Eric got the boys ready.

We all headed down the halls opening door by door seeing what we could find. Nothing. I kept thinking anytime Carson would show up. I was scared.

James called us over when he had found a door that was locked. That had to mean there something behind there or why else would you lock it? James walked back a few feet and ran and slammed in to the door. Nothing happened. James stepped back and slammed once again in to the door. Nothing happened. He continued 2 more times till the door busted open. We all looked in to the darkness. Was it a hallway or a stairs? I took a deep breath and took my first step in to the abyss. My legs shook as I entered. I patted the walls and found a railing to hold on to. I felt in front of me with my leg and there was no floor. I lowered my leg and felt the floor. It was stairs!

Me: There stairs.

Brenda: Are you sure?

Me: Yea.

We cautiously took every step down the stairs. I felt like I would trip and die or if someone in back of the line would trip and send us all falling. I tried to shake the memories of dieing and falling.

We reached the bottom floor and I felt for a door handle. No luck.

Me: I can't find it.

Even: Well there has to be a door.

Tasha: Found it!

I heard a noise of rusty medal scraping other rusty medal. It wasn't pleasant. The door opened and a little light filled the dark room we were in. My eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing. We weren't out. My hopes were crushed. There were boarded windows and dirty floors... no different from the upstairs. A ran down my cheek. We had to keep going. I had an idea.

I ran over to the window with boards covering it. I took hold of one of the boards and pulled. It broke off sending me to fall back.

Even: What are you doing Lea?

Me: I'm going to see how high this place is.

I reached for another board and pulled it off but I was being more careful this time not to fall back. I threw the board to the ground and poked my head out the window. I felt the breeze on my bare skin. It felt amazing. I looked down and I was full of hope when I saw we were only about four more floors away from freedom! I heard a large crash noise from inside the building. I ducked my head back in and turned around. Everyone stared at the door we came from. A thumping noise got louder. Someone was coming down the stairs. Carson. I freaked and grabbed the board on the floor. I put it threw the handle and at the moment Carson grabbed it and pulled. The piece of wood stayed strong and kept him from entering the room.

Me: We need to move faster!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Ok so I don't know why my chapters seem long to me and then there all short? Dammit. One more chapter to go! :) Fan if you like. Again the song is Unstoppable by Foxy Shazam and again I hate the guy but the song is really good! :)