Ethereal Bonds

The room shakes with such force even I stumble a little. Agent R, White guy, and the Captain all stare wide-eyed at the Demon standing before them. A slow smile creeps over his lips, drawing in breath. But then suddenly he gasps, falling to his knees in pain.

"Michael!" She/I yell(s), standing in front of him defensively glaring at the three. He gasps for breath, slowly standing while seeming to try and recover from... something.

White dude turns to R and the Captain. "Leave." he commands. "Find help."

"What?" Captain says in shock.

"You can't be serious." R insists. "Look at you! You won't last a second on your own!"

"Find the woman with raven hair." White guy says calmly. "Just as those many years ago... I can feel her presence here with us."

R's eyes widen, if possible, more---and he turns to me. "Violet?"

White Guy turns to me, examining me slowly. "No." he says. "She is connected to her somehow, but it is not she."

"Then who---"

"Find her!" White guy shouts. "She's the only one here who can help fend him off."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Captain yells.

Behind me, Michael gasps for air as a beating red light pulses from his chest. "Stop... fighting... ME!" His voice is different, now, garbled and deeper. He screams in pain, bringing his hands up to his head. I turn to help, hearing muted conversation between the three behind me as I do. When I turn again, White guy is standing alone, while R and the Captain race down the hall.

"Michael!" I scream. "They're getting away!"

"I think not." He murmurs angrily. His eyes flaring, a green beam of light gathers at his fist and then shoots itself at White dude. When the light clears, R and the Captain are disappearing down the tunnel, and White dude is... well, glowing white. At least, his eyes are.

The Demon Warlock laughs. "This again? You really are just a stupid, old man! Ro'Meave!" He barks, turning to me. "Find the other two---and kill them!"

"Yes, sir!" I reply, sprinting from the room. White guy lunges to stop me but is forced to dodge another beam of light almost hitting him.

Bursting from the tunnel, I catch no sight of R or the Captain. My nose and ears work overtime, catching glimpses of the blood on the Captain, the metal on his rifle, and the magic covering Agent R since he was in the room when Derek was turned.

They're to my left.

Shouting in triumph, She sprints down the hallway faster than a cheetah, easily gaining on the two slow men. We all stop, gazing at each other for a moment.

"Violet, stop!" R yells. "This isn't you!"

"What, are you crazy?" Captain says. "She's one of his!"

"No, she's not!" R yells. "She's just a child---the Ro'Meave girl!"

Understanding dawns on the Captain's eyes. Then confusion flashes. "But she's a werewolf!"

"That stupid boy turned me." I hiss. "The only thing he's managed to do right, in fact. Because of him, I'm now working for the winning side. And where are you two? Cowering behind a man whose eyes can glow on occasion?"

The Captain pulls the rifle off his back.

"Oh, what fun." I whisper, crouching slightly in preparation to lunge.

And then I hear it, and She and I both stop dead in our tracks.

"COME ON!!! FIGHT ME!!" Zane yells.