Take Them By Force

The next day, I sit with Garroth and Aaron at the table with the map, trying (and failing) to help Garroth solve his Rubix cube. Kawaii~Chan watches TV on the other side of the room, probably scouting for future casino-like opportunities. Aaron is examining the map on the table when Melissa walks in.

"You look tired for a guy who had a night of fun." She teases.

"I think you've had enough fun for all of us." Aaron smiles back.

"Huh?" Melissa asks. I look up and see she has huge rings under her eyes. I can't contain my laughter, and Melissa sighs. "Is it that bad...?" She asks sadly.

I giggle. "You look like a raccoon."

"Darn it!" She says. She shakes her head around and they disappear. Wow. She must have the opposite side of Mulan and Pocahontas' makeup remover. She has makeup that pops on!

"There!" Melissa says. "So... about last night."

"Hm?" Aaron asks.

"What did you guys think of the casino?" Melissa asks Aaron. "I saw how you two were dancing... So you must've come around to the idea of being okay with going out."

Aaron sighs with a small smile. "Well, it was actually really nice. I had a lot more fun than I expected."

"And none of us got noticed!" I chime in, stepping in next to Aaron and beaming.

"Yeah... that was a big relief." Aaron says.

"Plus, it was nice to see everyone unwind for a change." Melissa adds. "All of this is incredibly stressful... I'm glad we could do that for everyone."

"Same." Aaron agrees.

Melissa gets a sneaky look on her face as she smiles smugly at her brother. "By the way... I didn't realize you were such a klutz on the dance floor."

Aaron goes bright red as I laugh. "What does that mean?" Aaron demands, glaring at both of us.

"Ohhhh, yeaaaaaahhhahaha!" Garroth laughs from the table. "I saw that too!"

"I-I d-don't dance often!" Aaron says defensively. He turns sadly to Melissa and I. "Was I really that bad?"

"Ehhh..." I say fairly. "You were at least better than Garroth." I demonstrate his wiggly dance.

"It was like watching a train wreck." Melissa tells Aaron bluntly. "You're usually a bit more graceful when it comes to those kind of things."

"Okay, first off, no one is as graceful as me. I am a very good dancer, Vivi!" Garroth says proudly. "Second: It was hilarious seeing Aaron trip on his toes and try to act cool!" He giggles.

"GARROTH!" Aaron complains. Melissa and I laugh.

"Calm down, we're just teasing ya." Melissa assures Aaron.

"We are?" Garroth asks dumbly. He looks around, confused. That sets Melissa and I off again, cracking up.

"It was cute seeing you open up and Aphmau leading the way." Melissa says. "Besides, ya gotta learn how to dance once this is all over. You know, for your first dance for the wedding."

"Speaking of wedding, I wonder if there's any leftover cake." Garroth says curiously. "Be right back."

My werewolf stomach growls. "I'll come with you, Garroth!" I say, and follow him from the room. But as I cross down the hall, I hear my dad's voice:

"Violet." I turn and see my father standing outside his room, with Zane already there. Zane looks just as confused as me. I walk over and join them. Mummy comes out and joins us.