E L E V E N

"Which one of you bastards requested a bed?"

Vernon is seething. Draco had never seen someone this angry over such a little thing. Draco was taken aback by the look of pure hatred on the man's face. Harry looked over at Draco.

He knew. Harry’s were filled with fear, sadness and maybe even anger. Draco mouthed ‘I’m sorry’ to Harry, hoping it would make some difference. Harry clutched his eyes shut, turning back to face Vernon.

“Well?”

Draco had to stand up. He had to admit. Be brave and own up for his-

“I did.” Harry muttered, staring at the ground.

“What was that, boy?” Vernon walked towards Harry, only to grab a fist full of his hair and jerk his head upwards. “Speak up!”

“I did!” Harry hissed, glancing over at Draco. Draco felt his heart stop, letting out a gasp. Vernon let go of his hair and shoved him to the ground. Harry stood up slowly.

“You best have a reason!”

“I was tired of him sleeping in my bed.” Harry turned his head to look at draco. “I was sick of sleeping on the floor! So I ordered a bed so I could rest peacefully. I hate him being here.”

Harry looked sick. Like the words that he was pouring out were toxins admitting into the air. Not only that, but he looked extremely sorry. It was like he didn’t mean the last few words.

“You ungrateful-“ Vernon walked over to him, grabbing him by his ear. He continued to yell slurs at him, dragging Harry out of the room and slamming the door behind them. “Petunia! Come lock this damn door!”

Draco heard the clattering of keys. The click of a locking lock.

He was horrified. Did that really just happen? Did he just watch Harry Potter, a saint in the wizarding world, take blame for Draco’s actions? He didn’t want to believe it was true, but it was.

What was going to happen to Harry? He set his back up against the door, sliding down so he could sit. He hugged his knees to his chest, his head swarming with what ifs, listening to the screaming and yelling that came from downstairs.

As the thoughts continued, he felt a tear run down his cheek. Just a single bead of water, escaping his eyes.

This was his fault.

Everything was.