Observations

Luke

      "I'll look at the chords right here just in case I forget, okay?" Michael turned his computer around for everyone to see the guitar chords flashed on it.

"Well in that case," Calum chortled. "you'll end up looking at it all the time."

I scratched my head irritably, seeing that the song was being delayed by Calum's habit of teasing Michael. "Just get on with the song, will you?"

I didn't pay attention to the first few parts of the song, mainly because our guitar player kept making mistakes and because Calum kept taunting him for it. It was a monotonous cycle.

I kept my head low while the four others were practicing because all of them had their eyes on me, being the only audience they had. So, I decided to listen to the lyrics of the song instead.

"The same tricks that, That once fooled me, they won't get you anywhere. I'm not the same kid from your memory.
Well, now I can fend for myself."

It's like Cara felt so strongly about this song like none before. With every line she sang, she sang it with such emotion; as if she could relate to what the song was about. Funny, I was beginning to feel uncomfortable. A pang of guilt was taking over me for a reason I was unfamiliar with.

The lyrics were being said over and over again, and each time Cara sang it, the more I ceased not to listen.

"Well, you treat me just like another stranger."

If she were sending some message to me, I'd say she got it all wrong. I go out of my way to talk to her while she skips over to Ashton's side. Well, Paramore said ignorance is her best friend.

"It's nice to meet you, sir.
I guess I'll go, I best be on my way out."

And with that, the song was ended.

What was I supposed to do next? Clap? No, I just couldn't bring myself to clap--better yet, I couldn't bring myself to do anything at this point. But I had to make the first move.

"Hey, that was grea-" 

"That was amazing!" Ashton blurted out all of a sudden.

I clenched my fists.

"Oh damn. I'm so sorry. You were going to say something, Luke?" said Ashton apologetically.

Cara cast one look at me as well, then moved away.

I unclenched my fists.

"Nothing." 

"Whew!" Calum exlaimed so loudly that everyone turned their attention to him. "I'm so glad that we're almost finished with the song! We accomplished a lot today, eh? It's getting late now, so I'm looking forward to having practice next Saturday, right Michael?"

Michael grunted, but nodded anyway because he was too lazy to do anything else.

"Right, Ashton?"

"I'm always excited for-

"That's wonderful. How about you Cara?"

She gave a small thumbs up.

"And Luke?" he emphasized my name as if trying to send me a message telepathically. He didn't try to be even a little  cryptic.

"Yeah, yeah." I waved my hand.

"I guess this concludes our meeting for today. We all did a great job..." he paused, remembering I did nothing. "You too, Luke. You sat down!"