Wet Pants and Another Favor

Luke

"Hey, Luke. What's up?" Calum greeted, bringing a tray filled with food that looked like it had come straight out of prison and delivered to our school.

I ignored his comment and watched as the two people in front of me giggled over something they found amusing.

"I don't know what you're up to, Hemmings, but I'm not liking it." he said, looking at me, then to who I was looking at. "And hey, are you still thinking about having that double date thing? Do you think Cara would say yes to it?"

"Oh she'll accept alright. But who knows? I might always change my mind."

Calum punctured his food with his fork and groaned. "Fine then. But listen, you've got to be a bit more...friendly towards Ashton. You know very well that he has a thing for her."

I snorted. "I get it, Cal. You don't have faith in your friend?"

He took a sip from the orange juice he bought and sighed.

"Yeah, I don't."

-

I could see that she struggled to carry her books to place in the huge locker not too far away.

"That's quite a number of books you're carrying," I walked beside her with nothing on my arms.

"It wouldn't be quite a number if someone helped me," she glared.
"Oh, that's right!" I lifted my hand to the stack, then dropped it. "But that's not what I'm here for."

"What do you want then?"

She was tired with me, I saw it. Luckily, I had an invitation to deliver that would spark her interest.

"You know, I'm having a date with Louise this Friday."

"Woohoo congratulations," she adjusted her position so the books wouldn't fall out. "you deserve an award."

"Louise and I were talking about it and she said that she wanted to meet the members of the band. And I thought it would be great to arrange a double date then." I continued on smoothly.

"Let me guess, you want me to come and bring a date." she stomped her foot in annoyance, probably wanting me to get out of the way so she could place her books in her locker.

I stepped in front of her and smirked. "Woohoo congratulations," I mimicked. "How did you know? You deserve an award.

"It's settled then," she smiled confidently. "I have a date anyway."

"Really?" I asked, pretending to be oblivious. "Who?"

"You'll see this Friday," she said. "Now are you going to help me carry my books to my locker or not?"

"I think your date will be able to take care of that--wherever or rather, whoever he is," I whistled innocently.

I made my way to the classroom next and spotted the guy I needed to talk to. He caught a glimpse of me then proceeded like he didn't want to hear anything from me.

"Oh no, I don't want to hear anything from you," he shook his head.

"Relax," I propped myself up on the teacher's desk. "I came here to say that Cara's okay with coming along."

"What on earth did you say to her that made her agree?"

I have my ways, "I shrugged proudly. "I mean, how could she say no to such a good looking man?"

"I find that hard to believe." he coughed. "What did you really do?"

"Well aside from my charm," I said, which made him scoff. "I told her that Louise and I planned on having have a double date."