Gym Fight

Luke

      From the look on his face, I already knew what he was going to say.

"Don't even ask," I sighed, getting a clean towel to wipe my sweaty face.

"No, I mean.." he paused after.

He was speechless, almost as if he were proud.

"That's so cool, mate. Did you get in to a fight or something?" he gawked, looking at my puffy cheek."Tell me you won."

"Ha! You think I, of all people, would lose?" I sat upright, seeing if I could fool him. "Of course not."

"How did the fight start?" He asked, eager to hear the full story.

"Let's just say that it all started when I was talking to a girl," I grinned slyly, trying to make the story sound as interesting as possible.

"Who did you go up against?" he looked at me with admiration.

I scooted towards him. "Don't tell anyone, alright?" I whispered seriously. "I don't want to ruin the guy's reputation."

"Who?" he begged to know.

"The door," I laughed, finally coming clean.

He now looked at me in confusion, so I told the poor guy the full story.

"Oh well, I always knew you were a weakling," he muttered after.

The sound of the whistle now echoed through the whole room, making the two of us, along with a few others, trudge tiredly outside.

"Try not to get hit this time," Calum told me smugly.

"That's the last thing I want to happen."

Everyone nervously positioned themselves. And soon, the high pitched sound of the whistle could be heard again.

I was never good at playing this particular sport, but Mr. Sporty Calum was in my team so I had to pretend I knew what I was doing.

My competitive friend quickly threw the ball at Michael, to which Michael responded by trying his best to catch it.

It's usually amusing to watch a player do his best to catch the ball, but ending up missing.

But it's only amusing if the player is on the opposite team. And it just so happens that Michael was on my team. And believe me, it was no fun to see the other team score a point.

But I didn't blame him. That was Calum's job, since he's the more athletic one.

My job was to, as Calum said, "act pretty and score a goal." I knew he was kidding when he said to act pretty, but I did it anyway. It was easy, considering I had captivated the female audience somehow by sweating.

Scoring was the difficult part, especially when the star player had to be on the opposite team.

He ran swiftly, dribbling furiously with ease and...

"Score!" the coach said loudly. "That was a good one, Ashton."

I hated it. Hearing his name being acknowledged to the whole class.

Right after that, Calum started to have a swearing spree. He cussed and kicked the ball that flew back from the wall and hit his face.

"Next round," the coach shouted.

I was even more determined now. As soon as Calum caught the ball from our other teammate, he passed it to me.

I caught the ball and ran. I only knew what to do from watching the other players, but other than that, I was clueless. Luckily, the coach happened to like me...but only second to Ashton.