A Motherly Talk Given By a Guy

Luke

    There were papers scattered around everywhere and I hated it. I had awfully written drafts in different areas of the room and my notebooks were left open for anyone to see. My mom actually came up to tell me that it looked like a hurricane just hit my room. That's how bad everything looked. I must've looked affected by that natural disaster as well since my hair was dishevelled and my shirt was crumpled. There was even a huge note on my wall, reminding me to pick a damn song for the school fair. My ancestors would have been proud to look at this room that seemingly fit the likings of a caveman.

Moreover, I was stressed. Aside from all these projects I needed to finish, I kept thinking about the song I would sing...

Then I heard Green Day sing.

Was this some sort of miracle? Of course not. It was just the sound of my phone ringing.

I walked over the pile of junk--I mean papers in order to see whoever was calling me.

"What's up with you?" the person asked.

I sneezed from all the dusty papers that were flying away because of my fan. "Busy."

"Great, so can I go to your house?" he whispered.

"Which part of 'No, Cal. I'm busy.' did you not understand?" I frowned. "Was it the no or the-

The door to my room swung right open and I jumped back in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" I scowled, placing my hand on top of my chest. "Are you out of your mind? I'm working. How did you even get in here?"

"Woah," he looked at my room in disgust. "What happened to your room, mate?" then he turned his gaze towards me. "And you too. You look awful."

"I have things to attend to. Why are you here?" I scratched my head, throwing myself to the bed.

"Well, your mom allowed me to come in. She's really cool by the way. She even gave me chips." he said, opening the pack carefully.

"Yeah, yeah she does that. So why are you here?" I grumbled.

"I was getting to that," he said. "Anyway, I was with Cara an hour ago."

"And?" I got up from my position.

"We talked for a while and she mentioned something about a meeting place." Calum answered glumly.

"You talked about...why?" I groaned. "I don't want to hear about it."

"No, I think you might want to," he said. "See, remember the night you said you'd meet Cara somewhere? I think you were going to tell her you-

"What about it?" I cut him off. "I know every single detail about it so you don't need to explain to me what happened all over again."

"Did you leave her?" he looked at me straight in the eye.

"Yes, but didn't you ask me what happened years ago? You know the story."

"Thing is, she thinks that you didn't meet her there because you were busy making out with someone," Calum now burst out laughing.

I scrunched my nose. "As crazy as it sounds, I didn't do that, obviously. Where did she get that story?"

"I don't know. She said she heard it from people," Calum shrugged. "Eh, lousy rumors circulate then and there. People don't know what else to do with their lives."

"Yeah! They could have at least made a better reason as to why I didn't meet her," I chuckled briefly. "Though, I wonder how that person knew about our little meeting."