Chapter 15

Previously on: Out of Time

"Gil..." Jay said slowly, "Please tell me that was your stomach...?"

Gil's eyes were wide with shock and he seemed to be paralyzed from fear. Footsteps pounded on the ground, making the Earth shake.

Jay turned around slowly and gulped back a scream.

"Uh... Nice doggy?"

***

"You didn't know?" Lonnie slowly walked and stood next to Jane, who took her hand. "I thought you were working for Kronos or something."

All three soldiers looked offended. Sammy shook his head ferociously, while Gale and Edward's eyes glowed red from anger.

"We are loyal to the King of the Underworld alone," Gale scowled at them. "Now, tell us what is going on, and perhaps we may let you live..."

***

"Carlos!" Harry snapped, knocking Carlos out of his train of thought.

"Huh?"

Harry pointed to the two imps flying towards them and Carlos nodded.

Time to try and be convincing.

***

"So, what you're saying is that Kronos is back..." Panic shuddered.

"Yes," Carlos nodded.

"And we're all going to die if we don't let you two out?" Pain scratched his head.

"Precisely, mate," Harry said.

The two infamous henchmen of Hades looked at each other and flew off a few feet. They huddled together and began to whisper. Pain looked over his shoulder, narrowed his eyes at the boys, and continued to whisper.

Harry huffed. Carlos nudged him and held up a finger to his lips. The twosome had explained the "situation" about five times to the imp/demon/thingies. Panic and Pain, it seemed, shared only one brain cell.

The two henchmen stopped whispering and flew back to the cage. Pain flew up first and Panic nervously followed. They shared one last look, before nodding to each other.

"So," Pain said, crossing his magenta arms, "we decided to let you go and escort you through the Underworld."

Harry and Carlos sighed with relief.

"But!" Panic spoke up. "We'll be watching you two, so don't try anything!"

He made an "I'm-watching-you" sign as Pain took the keys and unlocked the door. He held his arm out as if offering for them to go fly out.

"Uh..." Carlos glanced at the magenta imp. "We can't fly..."

"Oh! Right!" Pain smacked his forehead. "Ow..."

Pain flew over and grabbed Carlos. Panic flew over to Harry.

Harry glared at him. "If you drop me into the lava, I will come back as a ghost and haunt you for the rest of eternity."

Panic gulped and nodded, before proceeding to grab the pirate.

The two imps flew up, carrying the boys out of the Fields of Punishment. After what seemed like forever, they exited the pit entrance. Pain and Panic looked around before dropping the boys onto the ground.

"Ow..." Carlos moaned after hitting the ground.

"Sorry," Pain shrugged, not sounding sorry.

Harry sat up and rubbed his head. He glanced cautiously at the two henchmen.