Chapter 23- A Night to Remember

Here's the big update, guys! :)))
Are you glad I finally updated? HA.
Enjoy!

___

Sounds like a plan, see you tonight ;)
-Harry
I turn around in curiosity towards my phone, to read this confidence-boosting text message. I sigh of relief that Harry had even responded to my text, asking him if he would attend the iHeart Radio Music Awards with me, especially since I haven't really spoken with him for a couple weeks. Thankfully, this has proven to me that he's still interested. Tonight was the day of the award show and I'm ever-so honored to be nominated more than a few times, along with Harry, Ariana and even Austin. Hopefully, Austin doesn't arrive at the award show with Camila... But it's not like I would care because, uh, he means nothing to me. But all I can truly say is that I can't wait to see the look on Austin's innocent face when Harry and I announce our official relationship status tonight and share our first live-television kiss. Harry is a really sweet guy and all, but I at least have to admit a little to myself that I am partially using him to get to Austin. But, hopefully if I continue with this plan in the future, I'll have enough self control to keep my distance when he comes crawling back to me and show him who is really boss. I know, I know, I may sound like quite an overachiever right now, but I have to dream big to accomplish something useful.
As the night approaches sooner and sooner, I get dressed in my skin-tight, purple sequence dress, and black pumps. After the long and tedious process of hair and makeup, I felt satisfied with my look and ready to rock the red carpet and also make a statement to Austin about my emotional state after my meltdown. I felt much more brave and I knew, especially with Harry by my side, I could accomplish anything... Or so I thought.
_

I laughed loudly, gleaming into Harry's deep and mysterious eyes, becoming even more bored in my own thoughts than I was with this conversation, but it just had to seem like I was having a magnificent time with Harry. It's all part of my image and even Harry's too, my manager always says. Despite all the fake smiles and meaningless hand holding down the red carpet, I felt no sparks or true connection between Harry and I. It was kind of depressing, but I just had to keep up this act because if we are really going public tonight, it's important to just smile and at least act madly in love. Thank gosh I'm an actress, because if I wasn't, this would never work. The rest of the red carpet fiasco was all a sudden blur, as we entered the building where the show would soon begin. My eyes skimmed the whole arena, stopping at the table that had 6 large, white name cards neatly placed on each individual chair at every table. At the far left table, my name card caught my eye, as I took Harry's hand, preventing him from continuing with his blabbing and went to the table. The name card next to mine was Ariana, then Harry on my other side. Next to Ariana was Big Sean, and next to him was... My heart stopped. My stomach dropped to the floor, as I blinked a couple times to make sure this wasn't a hallucination. The one and the only Camila Cabello and Austin freaking Mahone were also at our table, what a surprise. I take a long and not so helpful deep breath, looking around a bit, trying to get my mind off the topic of Aus- the a word.
"Love, what's wrong?" Harry's curiosity becomes more intense, as he takes his long fingers and pushes the direction of my face towards him. "Is it that Austin is sitting at our table this evening? I promise you, he won't bother you with me here." Harry smiles, leaning in to kiss me. Even though Harry was great with motivational speeches and being a nice friend, I most definitely wasn't in the mood for any sort of interaction- especially kissing with him.
I obnoxiously yank my head away, placing my hand over his. "We're saving the big, revealing kiss of our relationship for later, right?" I tried to sound convincing, I'd do anything to get out of this situation.
"Ahh, you're correct! So smart, Nicole!" He says, lifting up my hand instead and kissing it softly. I try to blush and seem flattered and such, but it just wasn't working. Maybe if I slapped myself in the face multiple times, then I would be able to act at least a little bit interested and might actually see a little color of red in my face? I could already tell this was going to be a long and difficult night.
-
As more people flooded in and took their seats at their assigned tables, Camila and Austin strutted in, hand in hand. Ew. Just ew. Once Camila and Austin both sat down and got settled into their seats, they both looked up and smiled at Harry and I. They seemed so poised and polite, but they both were the exact opposite, as a matter of fact. Right as I was about to say something absolutely rambunctiously stupid, along the lines of 'you guys are disgusting' or 'I know you have a dirty little plan to destroy me', Harry spoke first instead, beating me to it.
"It's wonderful to see you two here tonight, you look lovely as always." He smiles, holding my hand under the table, sensing I was fuming with anger. And I really was. Camila and Austin lightly smiled, both making eye contact with, expecting some type of compliment or greeting from me as well. I mentally rolled my eyes, want to just flip them off and leave, but Harry squeezed my hand, indicating I should say something that won't cause a war between us all.
"Hello guys, you both look astonishing. Are you excited for tonight? We're all nominated!" I flutter my eyelashes, groping Harry's arm and half smiling, without meaning one word I just spoke. Thankfully, I didn't have to hear neither or their pestering voices respond to my question, due to Ariana and Sean's abrupt arrival to the table.
Ariana stopped by my chair before sitting, kissed me lightly on the cheek, in a friendly way, and make an odd face to show that she could tell it must be pretty awkward with Camila and Austin at the table. I just giggle, pretending we were talking about something else, even though I wanted to rage about it.
Once Ariana and Sean sat down and were settled, everyone dispersed into their own little conversations at the table. Sean and Austin conversing about some type of shoe brand, Ariana and I talking about our favorite designer, Louis Vuitton, who I was wearing tonight. Camila had left the table for a few minutes, thank gosh, to talk with the rest of her group mates about some unimportant topic of the award show. Everything was running smoothly until the gleamingly colorful lights began to dance wildly among the audience, giving us the sense that the award show was near it's beginning. I smiled lightly, looking at Harry who seemed to be in a daze. I was puzzled. He was fine before? My stomach suddenly began to feel unsettled, as I become more unsure of the many possibilities that could be wrong with Harry. Right before I was going to ask him what was the cause to his sudden change in mood, the host, Justin Timberlake, came out and began to introduce himself and give a few words before the first category announcement. But Justin's arrival on stage wasn't going to stop me from asking Harry about his feelings in the meantime, in a hushed tone.
"H-Harry? Are you okay? You look a little pale, like you just noticed that your cat died or something," I giggle with unease, as my smile fades. I then began to ramble, like I tend to do when I'm nervous of someone's response. "Uh-, Harry? Are you nervous you won't win a category tonight? You'll do fine. Just tell me what's wrong. It's okay. Harry. Harry?!" I begin to sweat uncontrollably, trying to look into his eyes.
He angrily turns towards me with fury and a hint of displeasure. I place my hand on his leg, trying to get him to see that I cared about why he was so upset, but he instantly grabbed my hand and threw it off his thigh. He precipitously stands up, ripping the napkin neatly placed on his lap off, making a clatter. Some silverware fell to the ground, as more eyes in the audience became attracted to the scene that was arising in the near future. My expression went from concerned to shocked in that very instant.
"Harry?" I faintly say, squinting my eyebrows at him. I turn around a bit, to look out the corner of my eye, to see if Austin was watching what was occurring. Sadly, he was. I huffed out a breath, turning back to Harry and giving him my full attention, hoping he gives me an answer.
He let's out a deep and harsh sequel saying, "Nicole!!!" I was in complete surprise of his sudden angry actions and now he is yelling at me? What even is going on here?
Camera men, who are broadcasting the award show, quickly turn their cameras to Harry and I. Justin Timberlake even stops talking, jaw dropped, looking at the two of us. Despite the dead silence flooding through the room and everyone's eyes glued to us, Harry couldn't have been more naïve to notice. So, he continued with his rampage. "Nicole, I'm done with you. I know you've been looking forward to our relationship becoming public and all, but I'm so done with being used. Yeah, you heard me. I know you still love Austin... A lot. I can tell by the way you say his name and how when he's in the room, you seem to notice the exact way he's feeling and acting, and yet seem to not even know the topic I'm speaking about to you. I really did like you Nicole, but this isn't going to work when I know that I'm being used. I'm sorry, but I don't like to live my life waiting to actually be liked by the person I'm in a relationship with. You zone out when I speak and obviously care nothing about me, but I guess that's just who you are. Ignorant and only hear what you want to. Good luck with whatever you do because all I know it's not going to be with me."
Every word he just spoke was another bullet being shot into my chest, one after another. Harry storms out, pushing his way through the crowd and out the door.
I look around, still in shock more than ever, to see Angelia Jolie, Pitbull, Chris Brown, Britney Spears and all these people I've always looked up to and admired in the industry, watching me with disgust at their tables. Everyone in the audiences expression's were the same, blank stares or jaws dropped, yet Camila's was a smirk. That bitch.
Tears form in my eyes a mile a minute, as I see mascara running down my face, when I tried to wipe it away and act natural. Was this really happening? Am I dreaming? This was a nightmare. My heart was beating so fast, as I look around in panic, trying to find the nearest exit. The whole show had been stopped for me, and it still wasn't continued because everyone knew the show wasn't over yet.
I stand up with bravery, even though I really didn't feel it. I take my purse and stumble out the doorway, as Ariana comes running after me. I guess that's what a best friend is suppose to do, right? But I wasn't in the mood to speak to anyone at all.
Making it into the hallway, I crumple to the ground, screaming. My sweaty palms pushed the excess hair falling out of my bun, back behind my ear. As Ariana approaches me I just turn away, but she grabs my hand just in time.
"N-Nicole. It's okay. I promise. It'll all be blown over by tomorrow, you can make it through. You always do," She gives me a weak smile.
"But don't you understand?! I'm done being strong and trying to tell myself that I can make it through another reputation-ending event. It's time I give up because I can't do this anymore." I softly cry, "Ari, nothing is going to be the same. What Harry said was true, heartbreaking, yet still true. I just need to get away, because I'm NOT okay anymore." I yank my hand away from hers, more tears falling down my face.
I begin to run, never looking back.
I make my way outside, seeing my limo in the corner, lit by the glimmer of the moonlit sky.
I get inside, yelling at the driver to take me to my upstate apartment, which was about 45minutes away, not knowing what I was getting myself into.
Two hours of grieving in the limo and processing what had just really happened and I still haven't arrived at my apartment, which seemed quite absurd.
"Uh-um? Mr.?" I sniffle at the driver, knocking on the back of his seat. "Where are we going? I said to my apartment?"
No response.
Oh no.
I slide to door of the limo, and tried to open it, but I noticed it was locked. My heart stopped. I think someone didn't want me to get out...
The last thing I remember before feeling sloshed around in the backseat and everything going pitch black, was the soft ringtone of my phone, as it lite up. Blood was surrounding me... It was hard to think, or even sit up straight. I think there was a gash in my head or something? Who knew. Had I been in a car accident?
My phone read:
Austin calling...
But it was too late to answer because everything after that was a complete and sudden blur.
___________

ANDDDDD I HOPE YOU ENJOYED :)
COMMENT AND VOTE- PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK❤️
ILY!